Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Could be the one.

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Z3PR, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] Think I found our next daily driver. 2000 Alero GLS with a 3.4 V6, Auto tranny, and 40,000 miles on it. The GLS is the top of the line for the Alero. Want too trade off a 98 Stratus 4 door with 92,000 miles and $4,000.00 cash for it. Plan on going after it on Oct. 4th. Current plan is too go to Sioux City, Ia on Oct. 3rd for my mother's aunt's 90th birthday. Head back stopping in Sioux Falls, SD. for the night. On the morning of the 4th check the car out and hopefully buy it.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

That is pretty nice . Cavalier based and light , so it will be peppy with a 3.4 . My Impala has a 3.4 and she pulls hard /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    That is pretty nice . Cavalier based and light , so it will be peppy with a 3.4 . My Impala has a 3.4 and she pulls hard /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] More Grand Am based, but alittle nicer in my opinion. It's a GLS so that's the better suspension, better breaks, Leather instead of cloth, and loaded with all the best options. I haven't driven a 3.4 yet. Had 2.8, 3.1, 3.8, and 4.3 V-6 engines, but not a 3.4 yet. The Alero is close too the same size as the Beretta I had. It had the 2.8 and was pretty peppy. I've read alot of reviews about the Alero's and they say the 3.4 has good low end torque. For a car as light as a Alero, it should be fun too drive. I'm sure we'll see a huge difference going from a 98 Dodge Stratus with a little 4 popper.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Go for it Paul. My 00 grand am had the 3.4 and it pulled hard. Click off the traction control and you can smoke the front tires no problem /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif They handle great and are an all around good driving car. I was driving though Kansas a couple years ago and was getting 34 miles to the gallon in it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Right on Paul, but what about that Thunderchicken in the background there.??

John

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Right on Paul, but what about that Thunderchicken in the background there.??

John

[/ QUOTE ] Pic is from the car lot,( Car lot is in Sioux Falls, SD. On the other side of SD from me) so I couldn't tell you anything about the Thunderturd. This Alero is priced right. Thier asking price is $7995.00 So I think if we offer them our 98 Dodge Stratus and show them $4,000.00 cash, we'll be driving it home.

7. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Paul, before you trade in the stratus, you gonna do the honerable thing? By that I mean telling them that the car took a joy-ride by itself down a 6o degree decline and came to an abrupt stop at the bottom of the hill. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Paul, before you trade in the stratus, you gonna do the honerable thing? By that I mean telling them that the car took a joy-ride by itself down a 6o degree decline and came to an abrupt stop at the bottom of the hill. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Only if they ask, only if they ask. Besides, it's been repaired, the bodyshop did a good job. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif http://coloradok5.com/photos/data/500/482598_Dodge_Stratus_4.JPG Can you tell that right front corner was messed up ?? http://coloradok5.com/photos/data/500/4825MVC-003S.JPG

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Guess it's not the one. They upped the price. Dealer claims it'll be gone this week because a couple of people are looking at it. More power to them. Pissed me off how we pretty much had a verbil deal for "x" amount, and all of a sudden they up the price buy a couple of grand. So now the search go's on. Sucks because we'd really have liked a GLS Alero coupe. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

dont you hate that??? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif its happened to me several times lately, where something goes wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    dont you hate that??? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif its happened to me several times lately, where something goes wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, apsolutely hate it when things go wrong. But what can ya do ?? I'll just keep searching. Might have found a 01 Alero GLS coupe with 36,000 miles on it, but I don't know if it'll be in our price range. I've talked to the dealer on the phone about it, told him what we have for a trade in and what we have too work with money wise. He said he might be able too do it, and would get back to me about it within a week. We'll see. [​IMG]

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] Okay, now that we're less then a week away from the roadtrip, the dealer called thismorning and offered the 2000 Alero GLS at a price we can afford. So we're looking at our Stratus and $5,500.00. That sounds like a deal we can handle. I think we're going too get it. Looks like we'll be driving this bad boy home on monday oct. 4th. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So if I get the Alero, do you think this body kit would look good in it ?? [​IMG] [​IMG] The complete body kit is just under $800.00. But I could get just the front air damn, (That's all I really want) for under $300.00. What do you think ??

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Come on Monday. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif