Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

could i have subs on the side panals?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bryguy00b, Nov 29, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im going to be making some custom wood carpet coverd side panals for my blazer and i was wondering if i could fit like 10-12" subs in them? one on each side..like wear the stock speakers are in the back..

2. JerseyBlazer

JerseyBlazer Registered Member

Are you planning to build a enclosure for the sub behind the panels? If not the will not sound good. If you are going to build an enclosure, make sure you get the correct enclosure volume thet will work with the specs of your speaker. That is going to get tricky to build inside the panel. If you are doing this to save space, you can use 1 good 12" sub in a box with a good amplifier, and it will still be killer! I installed 1 JL Audio 12" sub(model# 12W7) with a 1 channel Kicker KX1200.1 sub amp. We dialed in the built in crossover and got scary bass out of it and saved alot of space.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wear did you put your box?

4. JerseyBlazer

JerseyBlazer Registered Member

The box is on the driver side rear corner of the cargo area (infront of the factory 4x10) facing the right side of the truck. the 4x10's were eliminated because they were in a useless location and we put 6.5" components in the doors. this is on a friends truck, i just posted my stereo stuff on here for sale, check it out

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Brian,

This one's been covered a number of times here, so there's plenty of info available (beyond what you've already gotten in this thread) if you want to "search" for it! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW -> I've got a couple pics of sub boxes in my gallery, I put mine just behind the front seats, not in the very back. They are a nice low profile design, and still give full access to the rear seat area, and don't steal any legroom either!

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea that sounds pretty cool..ill check that out thanx!

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wow those boxes are really slick!! would you ever consider biulding a pair again?

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm not sure how different the 1st Gens are from the later K5's....those boxes are for my '72.

Like everything in life, anything is possible to do. It just depends on the time and $$$ you are willing to put into it. I wanted something ULTRA slick and stealth, and while it didn't cost me much $$$ (I built them myself), it certainly cost me LOTS of time, both in design and construction hours.

I am going to be moving to NH in the next few months...so I suppose I'd be more likely to take on your project at that time. Building you boxes in California and shipping them across the country isn't going to be very cost-effective for you!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

that is true... but i have never seen boxes like that and i could never biulding something like that! i would be willing to pay...get a hold of me whenever if ya ever make them again..i thought that the fender weels were both the same..could be a little off though im not sure..anyone know?

10. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

i made a set of boxes for my rear they hold 12" subs its in my gallery. below easy to build!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

very nice!!!