Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Could it be the hubs??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Phyte, Nov 30, 2000.

1. Phyte

Phyte 1/2 ton status

I thought my transfer case was bad because my blazer would not spin the front tires when in 4WD. You could here the hubs click when you shifted in.. I jacked up my blazer tonight at all 4 corners and put it in drive, looked under it and sure enough the front drive shaft was turning as fast as the rear. Does this mean that my hubs are bad?? It can't be anything else could it?? Thanks

Phyte

2. rebel222

rebel222 Registered Member

Sounds like the hubs. Also could be ring and pinion. I haven't looked to see if you can see the axle between the wheel and axle tube, but look there and see if you can see it and look for it to be spinning. One more test would be to lock the hubs and spin 1 tire and watch the other. If they both spin.... not the hubs. Good Luck

3. 88glassbed

88glassbed Registered Member

Check to see if the axles are spinning at the knuckles, you could have a broken axle. If you can see the axle u-joints spinning then it's the hubs. If the ring and pinion had problems you would probably hear something.