Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Could my proportioning valve cause my front brakes to not relive pressure??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nrose07, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

My front brakes are not letting go completly and they are heating the rotors after 50 miles or so of driving, rotors warp then shakes the front end. Both sides are dragging, both sides heat up quickly, and both sides have been fine untill I swapped the axles. I did keep the old outers, rotors, hubs and brakes so they are the same as before. When I bleed the rear axles I had figured I tripped the pro. valve since the lines were dry, but I could never move the reset button so I figured I didn't trip it. The front brakes were never touched, just left in. Only other thing I did was bleed them. NEED HELP!!! Sticking brakes caliper wouldn't effect both sides right? Drivers side alittle hotter. HELP

2. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

I would suggest jacking it up, and starting it up. Pump up the brakes and shut it off. Put it in Neutral and turn each wheel by hand to see if any of them are dragging. If it is determine if maybe you have seized caliper slides, or collapsed brake hoses, etc. You can try pushing back the calipers piston also to see if it goes back with ease. But first determine wich wheel is holding up.

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

seized caliper slides,