Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

could someone check...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wraenking, Aug 30, 2004.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

ther firewall on a 81-87 blazer and see if next to the braided wire coming from the firewall and is grounded to the back of the motor, if there is also a brown wire coming from the engine harness grounded to the same spot?

thanks

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Sorry I can't help you out, because I have swapped motors.

But, here's a bump for ya.

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I had one on my 79 when I pulled the old motor out. I can't reacll a brown wire on mine though. Got unhooked whatever it was for and no problems as of yet.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

if no one helps you by tomorrow, I can take a look on my 84 k5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I had a braided wire from my passenger head (rear) to the firewall...nothin else as i recall.

6. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

thanks guys. i took a trip to the junk yard and checked out a similar year and it had it! i live having a junk yard within a mile of the house!!

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Yes,it does rock having a junkyard nearby--I have the luxury of having 3 large ones about 3 miles away,with a metal recycling yard sandwiched inbetween(I get some real deals there,they only charge 10 cents a pound,they dont care what it is,to them its all scrap)--I have been there more than in my shop lately looking for stuff--one day last week the owner asked me if I had slept there,since he saw me there the day before!.I told him no,I dont like his german shepard gaurd dog!.I do that a lot,use another vehicle for a reference.Too bad all the older rigs are dissapearing very fast around here,so much stuff is being scrapped around here they need room,anything that doesnt sell fairly quickly gets squashed,and they dont care what was in it--only exceptions are big block chevy motors,and overdrive trannys--transfer cases and other tranny's and motor are pretty much wasted,they dont pull and save them very often anymore,if they do,they often sit outside unprotected and are junk in a few months--saw a nice 350 motor and tranny sitting on the ground with a large crack from one freezeplug to the other--it filled with rainwater,then froze solid when winter came--the owner said it was a sweet running motor too,and said he wished he had 10 more acres to put up a building to save some of the older stuff.He is smart--he knows this stuff we are throwing away today will be like hens teeth tomorrow,and people will have to spend big bucks to find it,and will be glad to get it.He sold a 400 pontiac motor from a 65 catalina for 850 bucks online,he paid 35 bucks for the car,had only 58,000 miles on it--guy that bought it is from ohio,wants it for a 65 GTO,had the correct codes for his car,they gave him the switch pitch converter TH400 with it!. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif