Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Could this be the new Camaro?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gauder, Dec 8, 2005.

1. gauder

gauder Banned

wheeeeee!

0000000.jpg

000000.jpg

00000.jpg

0000.jpg

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

WTF is with the jekyl and hyde thing going on on the front bumper?

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

They either composited spy photos together, or the car has two slightly different 'looks', one on each side, to get differing opinions about the body style.

-- A

4. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i like the condfidential stamp i think that is 2 possible styles for the bumper?

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

that thing is bitchen, tha car to save GM?

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Thats the new GM fit & finish for ya :wink1:

7. gauder

gauder Banned

It's just the clay model, so the design has not been finalized yet. The only thing I see so far that I really don't like are those mirrors.

8. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, in that case, I like the styling on the left (as you're facing the front) looks more menacing. The rest of the body I like except for the mirrors...yikes.

9. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I won't get my hopes up til I see one on the showroom floor.

Until then, LS1 Power :bow:

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

ehhh, I think it's kinda goofy looking. I think Ford nailed the retro/modern look on the new Mustang much better than this.
    Maybe if the wheels weren't so P.Diddy and you couldn't impale someone on the mirrors I'd like it more, though. The real question is how does it move.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap.

12. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Is it me, or does this thing look like the new mustang, 'cept for the bowties? Someone should tell GM that Ford already captured the "retro" look. Gm hasn't had a great mind in the body design bureau since John DeLorean. They have kept up on the vette, but everything else is just, "there". When was the last time you got excited about a new style GM was offering? I mean, nearly everyone on this board is driving/working on the old stuff 'cause it works, and the new stuff pretty much sucks.
    Jimbo

13. idaho90k5

idaho90k5 Registered Member

It is my understanding that GM somehow screwed themselves with the UAW when they quit making the camero. They signed an agreement saying they were not going to produce the camero or any type of a sport coupe other than the corvette until 2009 so the UAW wouldn't go ape **** over loosing the jobs in that plant.
    I have seen several similar mockups like this but at very best you won't see it until 2009. It has to hit the auto shows first, then they will think about it some more, then they will completly change the design for safty reasons. And like with most cool concept GM products (HHR) by the time they get it to the public some other car company has beat them to the punch. The Chysler PT beat the HHR and the Mustang has beat the camero.
    I'm a GM guy all the way, but they are too fat to compete at this point.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like the retro thang. Reminds me of the 69 Camaro.

15. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I hate the wheels and mirrors too. I personally think they need to smooth most of the body lines out (we arn't looking for a caddy here). Rumor has it that it will be equipped with a 3.9 V6 in the base model, and the 5.3 V8 in the SS model. If you ask me, it should be 5.3 base model, and 8.4 for the SS model :D

16. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Be careful on what you post. I saw this on another site
    quote:

ORIGINAL: Derf00

If those are real someone is gonna be in a shizload of trouble. GM went after the person that posted the Corvette pics before their 'official' release.

they are. GM has actually warned alot of mustang forums to take the photos off of their forums. and if they warned mustang forum's they must have warned the camaro's forums because these most likely showed up on a camaro or LS forum before people started reposting it on mustang forums.

I think chevy is mainly pissed because not only are those pictures of the car. but those are pictures of actuall CAD models.

17. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Scrap the mirrors in and the wheels, and go with the right side style for the front bumper, then put thing straight into production with the 5.3 V8 standard and a hotter version of the 8.1L big-block as an option.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

One thing that got domestic automakers in a crappy current financial position is how much they banked on the SUV craze.
    They've been producing gas guzzlers to feed the masses with little reserve and real focus on the future, and now the japanese manufacturers that pump out econoboxes are kicking their butts.
    Sales of 20mpg or less vehicles are hurting, and I think they've learned a lesson from that.
    That's probably why if this car ever makes it to the assembly line, it would be a 3.9 base, 5.3 optional. Maybe even electric... :haha: :haha: :haha:

19. gauder

gauder Banned

It was the CAW (same ****, just the Canadian arm of the UAW). It was some deal they made that said the Camaro or Firebird couldn't be produced anywhere but the St. Therese assembly plant in Quebec up until 2009 or so. They've already found away around this though, they tore the plant down about a year ago. No more plant, no more deal. The CAW has conceded to this as they can't expect them to build a new plant in the timeframe to produce the car. They however can expect to possibly be responsible for the production of some parts for the car.

By the way, other pics I've seen of the chassis show it with a transaxle a la Corvette. Let's just hope the pricing isn't out of control.

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I don't dig it....................