Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Could use some opinions/feedback please...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by grafixxman, Nov 23, 2005.

1. grafixxman

grafixxman Registered Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Hello all. I just bought a MTX 801D and an Alpine MRVF540 amp for my truck. 87 reg. cab. I also bought a 1 farad cap. I currently have a junky old Jensen 4 channel running a Pioneer 10" and 2 6x9 Kenwoods in the doors. The Kenwood ( several years old now ) running the 3.5s in the dash. I know I will be upping the power considerably. Am I going about this the right way. Do you think these are good amps so far? I will be upgrading the deck too to at least one that has 2 sets of pre-outs. I have a couple of years old Kicker 10" sub as well. I am afraid that I will blow it out of the box... :D :D :D . I have yet to receive all of this new stuff yet, but it will be here soon. Any recommendations? I know it will be loud...but will this stuff compliment each other? I am not a rap fiend...I especially like Pantera and Manson and Stevie Ray Vaughn, but I like to mix and match as well. Is this Mtx amp too much for an older Kicker 10"? Should I get a 12" Remember this is a non ext-cab or 4 dr. truck. It also has a std. bench seat ( for now ). What kind of 6x9s would you get to replace my few years old ones now? Something in the $200.00 at the very most price range. Also...my 3.5s are Pioneers. They are a few years old as well. I would like to get all new...decent stuff that will compliment each other, not blow up, and NOT BREAK THE BANK. The stuff I had before sounded decent for what it was...a total investment of $400.00 or so. It is not time to step up. I am making the truck big and bad with the M1008 running gear...now time to do the tunes. I just want to o this right the first time.

Sorry for writing a book and I know I kinda jumped around here and there. If someone(s) can help, I certainly would appreciate it. If you need me to, I can break down what I have now and what I will have ( need to get ) into an easier to read format.

Thanks in advance guys...

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Mar 30, 2002
    For speakers, I'm a big fan of the Infinity Kappa's. I run them, and recomend them. Sure, there are better speakers out there, but for the money, it's hard too beat the Infinity Kappa's.