Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple 4.3 2000 jimmy questions

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by bad_bo_ti, Jul 6, 2004.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

will adding just a muffler (flowmaster/gibson etc) and leaving the rest of the exhaust stock improve sound? also who sells suspension lifts for these, has anyone modified the butterfly on the throttle body, removed restrictor plate? if so has it triped any sensors? last but not least, why does it seem so gutless from a start and what cheap mods can i do to fix this. thanks, chris

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I know what you mean by gutless off the line. I have a '93 S-blazer with CPI motor that came off the line alot harder with 200K+ on it. Must be in the programing, both had same size tires and gearing. Motor pulls really good at 2800+.

PS, forgot to add that we have '99 4dr LS blaze currently.

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Mine's a dog off the line also. I've got a 2wd Sonoma with 3.42's in the back and stock tires. I think the axles need more gear because the tranny shifts out of first too soon and leaves the power band of the engine (2k-4k) way too soon. I'm thinking of upgrading to 3.73's or 4.10's ( most likely 4.10's because I have a larger tire planned for the rear) I don't know anyting about the restrictor plate but I do know the exhaust sound will improve with the muffler. You'll also notice a stronger stench from the catalytic converter though... it won't be bad for you, but the guy behind you will hate your guts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bowtiebstrd

bowtiebstrd Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    will adding just a muffler (flowmaster/gibson etc) and leaving the rest of the exhaust stock improve sound? also who sells suspension lifts for these, has anyone modified the butterfly on the throttle body, removed restrictor plate? if so has it triped any sensors? last but not least, why does it seem so gutless from a start and what cheap mods can i do to fix this. thanks, chris

[/ QUOTE ]
    1) yes
    2) couldn't tell ya, but i'd be scared to find out
    3) mine JUST started doing this (2001) about a month or so ago. next oil change, i'm going to replace the fuel filter (hopefully if it's not to crammed in somewhere). what can be done?? well, if you're in traffic and you really need to get ahead of the guy next to you, hold the brake with the left foot, rev the engine a little and when it hits green, let off the brake and mash the skinny pedal. i do that around here and FLY off the line! mod wise, i think a good intake and chip/reprogram would do nicely, but the chip/reprogram is expensive.
    HTH