Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple big block questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GRAYTEXK5, Aug 9, 2005.

1. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know what size bolts are used to bolt the crank pulley to the balancer on a 454? I don't have any to go by, and neither parts stores, nor dealerships have a listing for them, so I have no idea what size to get.

Also, is it normal for there to be a gap between the heads, and the header flange? I'm not sure what brand the headers are, but they're ceramic coated, and have a thick flange, and I'm using fel-pro copper gaskets. When they're bolted up, they APPEAR to be sealed at the exhaust ports, but in between, there's what seems to me, like quite a bit of a gap. it's enough to where you can see the header bolts going through. I'm just wondering if this is normal, or if they're just not bolting down all the way for some reason. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Copper gaskets will give you that they aren't very thick. You should be able to get the bolt aftermarket got mine for my small block may even be the same bolt, Summit, Jegs, Speedway.

3. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

3/8" x 3/4" long. Most are NC, some are NF so you have to look at the blalancer you're using.