Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Couple drive line accesory questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bad_bo_ti, Jun 13, 2000.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

Does any one know where i can get one of those neat curled (like a self roll up air hose) brake line for the rear that comes off the frame to the splitter for the drums? Also what is the best alternative for diff. covers beside the MAG HYTEC ones, they are alittle to pricey, i want something flashy but yet functional. thanks for your help once again.

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Paint your stock cover to accent your truck. Stamped steel covers will handle dents better than mag or aluminum covers and the stock ones are normally thicker than the rust-prone chrome ones.

The only hoses that I've seen like you're talking about ARE air hoses and they're only used on the axle vent line. I'ts best to keep flexible brake lines only long enough to do the job. An overly long hose can cause a spongy brake pedal.

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Ditto on the curled line, its just for the vent line, not for the brakes, I have extended stainless steel lines on mine front and rear. For the cover, the stock 12 bolt is as good as any steel one you will find. It is very wimpy compared to a stock Dana 44 front one. The Dana 44 front one is very beefy and will take some serious licks. You may try one of the T/A Performance covers, thats what I want. They are made of 356 aluminum and are thick, will take a hell of a beating and have load bolts to help out the carrier bearings, they also have drain and fill holes so you dont have to remove the cover to change the oil. You can take a look at them at www.taperformance.com they are not however cheap, $159.99 on average.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>