Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple more problems......dieseling after keys off & rear wheels leaning o

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Aug 25, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I am going through everything before the long winter gets here and these are a few more problems, I just adjusted the valves again (the longer pushrod issue) and now she diesels when you turn the key off, not every time but when it's hot and been drove for a while then it will do it? Did my timing change with valve adjustment?
    also have a 12 bolt with 20,000 miles on it since rebuild with everything new, I put a set of spacers on it about 3 mo. ago 3,000 miles approx. and when I park the rear wheels lean out. No leaks but still worries me anyone else have this problem and should I remove them and sell um? THx guys/gals

2. twenty_below0

OK dieseling is retarded timing and got that fixed now the rear wheels leaning...not every time I stop but enough to see?? what to do

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

leaning out like this /--o--\
    or like this \--o--/
    grant

4. twenty_below0

like this /-0-\ but not quite as sharp out more suttle but you stand behind it and you can see them tillted a little?

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Wheel spacers love to wear out wheel bearings. GM made the drive train to have an offset spacing for good reason. Don't know what at the moment, but it makes me sound smart. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hmm, what is the backspacing on your rims?
    it might be to much force. i would pull the spacers out and try that for a week or so. then if that dont help i wouldpull the shafts and check them an the bearings.
    grant

7. twenty_below0

I'm not sure the back spacing, there just a run of the mill set of Outlaw2's 15x10 that I bought from a Les Schwab, nothing special. I will pull the spacers this week hopefully I haven't damaged the bearings or axle's

8. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I thought cars/trucks would diesel if you put too much oil in them...just a thought.

9. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

That sure seems bad to me if the camber is negative enough that you can see it. Even if the bearings are fine, you will wear the insides of the tires off pretty quickly. If the bearings are bad, they will chew up your axle shafts pretty quick, so you should check into it pretty soon. Is it possible that the axle housing is bent? Any chance that it's always been like this and you just recently noticed it?

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dieseling: Check your timing and your fuel
    Rear Wheel Camber: Sounds like your housing/axle tubes are bent or your rear axle bearings are shot. Check the bearings and axles shafts first (probably a good idea to replace the bearings anyway and check the axle shafts for wear where the bearings ride).