Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Couple of hydroboost questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1976Blazer76, Dec 1, 2006.

1. 1976Blazer76

1976Blazer76 1/2 ton status

Well, I'm switching to hydroboost brakes from my stock setup on my blazer. So, as I understand, I'm going to need a new booster, master cylinder, and power steering pump correct? I will also be running hydro assist so is there is power steering pump that is aftermarket that you guys recommend. Any advice would be more than helpful because I'm new to the hyrdoboost.

Matt

2. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

Im running hydro assit and hydro boost on off the stock 79 pump.

Youll also want to buy new lines for the hydro boost. Youll atleast need from the pump to the booster, then from the booster to the box. The others a low pressure.

3. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

you also might want to try contacting the guys at VancoPBS.com i went to their shop to have some custom shafts made for my application and they are very talented guys. they even showed me whats what on a hydrboost, i may not have understood it but they still told me. anyways, i know they have kits that are made WITH or WITHOUT ram assist. so i'm sure there is a difference in the set up. you might want to contact them to be sure...
    phone# 800-256-6295

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

there are also mod you can do to your box, to make it flow more, search hydro assest to find it.

the easyest way would be to go find a diesel truck in a yard and take every thing you need so you know you have it all :thumb: