Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple of quick easy question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by epurdy2005, Jul 27, 2006.

1. epurdy2005

epurdy2005 Registered Member

I got my tranny and transfter case back in.....i'm almost positive but the exhaust goes on top of the big bar the transfter case sits on correct?........another question.......the bolts that hold the big bar the transfter case sits on has these big spacers.......Do those spacers go on top of the bar (in between the frame and the big bar) or on the bottom of the bar (in between the bolt head and the bottom of the bar)

One more......I noticed that my front drive shaft starts moving a little when i hit about 35-40....What does that mean? Its not in four wheel drive and the locks are on FREE
    Its an 1982 k5 blazer by the way.

Thanks in advance....

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The spacers can go either way; I forget how they work (I mostly have older trucks) but I gather folks use them to space the t-case down to change driveshaft angles. I'm sure someone with a new truck will tell you how they went originally.

The driveshaft will turn slowly from parasitic drag whilst in motion; this is normal.

-- A

3. epurdy2005

epurdy2005 Registered Member

i'm guessing since this truck has a 4 in. lift i should put the spacers between the frame and the big bar so it would be dropped a little more.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

The spacers went inside the frame rail then the washer and nut on top.... Sometimes when people have issues after lifting their rigs, the spacers are moved in beween the crossmember and the bottom of the frame rail to lower the transfer case...