Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple of ?s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Apr 29, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well for the past week or so i`ve missed not seeing any replies to my posts with answers to my questions about problems i have in my CP...well i guess its time for a change

1. when i start my truck up i smell a little fuel from the exhaust but i think i goes away after warm up maybe 5 minutes or so.....any idea?

2. i also have a lot of black water coming out of the exhaust when you give it the gas while in park.....it doesnt smell like gas but maybe its burnt oil? this is just condensation right?

2. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

i would guess the black crap is just soot from the inside of the exhaust getting rinsed out with the condensation.

3. NEK5

thats what i figured thanks bro....wat about my other prob any idea?

4. NEK5

bump....

5. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

My .02 cents says that if you have soot in your pipe then there has to be something wrong. Last year I noticed soot in my pipe and tracked it down to a worn dizzy. FWIW I have a lot of condensation at idle.

6. NEK5

well i know i need valve seals so i`m burning oil could that cause the soot???

someone must know why i smell fuel a little bit on start up...

7. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Since your truck is new and has fule injection, I can't be much help. If it was a carb, then smelling fuel would be normal (or at bare mininum, nothing to worry about) while it warms up, but with fuel injection I have no idea...might be that if your valve seals are leaking a little that the soot your seeing has some fuel in it. As soon as everything is warmed up and the soot, (which is a little blow by with some gas mixed in with it) is gone, the smell goes away.