Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple of simple k5/diesel questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four50four, Jun 21, 2000.

1. four50four

four50four Registered Member

hey, got a few ??'s so I'll get right to it. First, any way to make the doors easily removeable? 2)Say I took the top off, and removed the rear seat, would I be able to fit my bikes in the back? 3)anybody heard anything about propane for diesels? 4)All chevy pickup axles are interchangeable, right? 5) So a 14 bolt from a 1980 2wd would bolt under a newer jimmy? 6)How strong is a 3/4 ton 10 bolt in comparism to 1/2 10 bolts? 7)any way to make a diesel sound anything like a 350 (dual exhaust, flowmasters??) I think that's all for now.. Thanks for all responses [​IMG]

Keith

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

For fitting the bikes in the back, measure from the back of the front seats to the tailgate and that should give you the answer.
    For the propane, ATS makes a propane injection kit for diesels (similar to using Nitrous Oxide in gas engines, but is not supposed to be nearly as hard on engines as nitrous), but only works with turbo equipped diesels.
    Axles, "most" GM axles in the older style trucks (pre'88 pickups, pre'92 Blazers and Subs) are interchangeable. The only difference between the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton 10-bolt is the wheel bolt pattern, so there is really no strength difference between the two.
    The GM diesels sound really good with dual exhausts and a muffler like a Flowmaster. I have dual Rino's (similar in sound to a Flowmaster) on my 6.2 and almost everybody comments that is sounds good and they can't believe it's a diesel. I have also had many people say that is sounds like a big block (unfortunately it doesn't quite run as fast as a 454).

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Axles, "most" GM axles in the older style trucks (pre'88 pickups, pre'92 Blazers and Subs) are interchangeable. The only difference between the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton 10-bolt is the wheel bolt pattern, so there is really no strength difference between the two.

<hr></blockquote>

One other difference is that the 3/4 tons have larger wheel bearings. (so I was told)

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com