Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple off road(marine) audio questions

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Jishory, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i want to put an entire marine audio system in my truck, my last one got damaged by water. for the front speakers who makes the best 3.5? whats the best way to mount rear speakers, amp and woofers to prevent theft?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

ALARM !!!

3. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

how am i going to have an alarm with no doors or roof that i park in crowded parking lots every day?

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Good point, didn't know that. But come too think of it, they do make alarms with motion sensors. I'm not sure how they work, but I do believe that they work on convertables with the top down.

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

best bet is to design your system for security. Down fire box, bolted in with steel strap using unconventional heads. Talk to someone at a fastener store. You need something that requires a special tool. headunit, either something along the lines of a tuffy console or mod the dash so the headunit is recessed and has a locking door of some type. It's just metal. Let your mind get creative. but first step is special fasteners

6. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

wow never thought of that :waytogo: im definenetly going to go that way, if the pricks who steal it want it they are going to have a hell of a time.

anybody know of the 3.5's?

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not to be a dick here, but there really isn't a good 3.5" if that's your only front speaker. If it's your only option, I'd probably look hard at Infinity, seems to be good quality, nice sounding stuff and I know Z3PR has had good luck with 'em.