Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Couple on Parking brake broke, new one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jan 20, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Where could I get a new coupler for my parking brake cable? At the back of the burb right after the frame mount bracket there is a couple on the cable between the frame mount and the splitter for the parking brake. What would I call that and where could I get a new one? Parked at school on a hill like I always do, hit the parking brake, leaned down to grab a water bottle and realized I was rolling backwards. I will get a picture of the part I mean after I get back from the store.

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I know LMC has them for a couple bucks. Other than that try and find someone parting a truck out and get them from them or maybe a local scrap yard or something. Going through the same thing but found someone parting a truck out.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

they make them now

Used to be a boneyard or dealer item only,but the HELP rack has them now,I saw them in their catolog a while back--your talking about the slotted metal "U" shaped dewhickey the cable ends go into right??

The boneyard ones are usually in good shape,and much cheaper than new,especially at the dealer--I got a few hanging around,they gave them to me for zip at the boneyard....I think some fullsize GM cars used them too....theese are the things you should yank off any trucks you are scrapping and file them away somewhere--I have boxes of stuff like that I'll probably never use,but when I put one of them out for sale at a swap meet,it makes somebody's day!:crazy: