Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Couple problems.......gas tank and cruising speed ping??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Feb 11, 2003.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

May 16, 2001
    Just as it says the truck pings as your cruising about 2100 rpm's and then you throttle it and it stops, doesn't ping if your rpm's are higher or under a load. I run high octane too.
    Next, the gas tank wont allow fill up fast. You have to go really slow and this gets old. If you go fast it clicks off. It's a 78 if this matters. I looked for a vent tube or something and couldn't find anything that maybe plugged so what do I look for ? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
  2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Aug 5, 2002
    For the pinging it's your timing or you have carbon deposits on your valves and heads.
    Either an additive to clean or setting the timing correctly should fix the problem.
    As for the gas filling, get used to it.
    It's the design where the tube that goes from the cap to the top of the tank is long and almost horizontal, and I only got that solved when I put the body lift on and the tank was lower so the slope was better.