Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

COUPLE Q's ON 64's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ncgamedog, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

first off my rig is a 78' k5 on tons and 39" iroks. tuff country 4" frnts and 57" f150 rears w/ the axle in the stock location. echobit shakle flip. you catch the drift. any way i would really like a bit more wheel base to the tune of 5-8". so my questons are: 1.) how much wheel base can i expect to gain from the 64 chevys using the stock front hanger? 2.) for those who have done this will the axle clear the stock fuel tank? 3.) i would like to inboard my shocks and triangulate them will there be room for this /\ ? my major reasons for doing this is climbing stability as well as on road, not to mention better drivline angles. my goal is 110"-115" i would like to stay just under 115". i plan to go to 52"ers up front next and that should round out the suspension revamp. trying to do one end at a time to keep the cost spread out over time. i'm figuring 350$ for a drive shaft 170$ for new DIY shackle flip and 119$ for new 64's from JC Whitney, thats plenty for now. thanks for your help. -justin

2. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

c'mon the question isnt that stupid :confused:

3. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

pay the 20 dollar membership..its worth it you will find out all the info on wheelbase you need...

4. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure how much wheelbase you'll gain from it. I had them on my Toyota, and had to move the front hangers forward 10". I would make a guess that you would gain 5" or so. I don't remember the stock length for the yota's. As far as the gas tank and the shocks in the way, it'll probably be getting close. The 64's are flexy though. I had them with double shackles and they drooped forever. Compressed nicely too. Let us know how it turns out.

5. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Your going to gain 5.5" of wheelbase. The diff will get close to the tank, but I don't think it will hit, unless your into jumping your truck. I am planning on inboarding my shocks with the shocks mounted on the front of the axle. Check out my spring swap thread

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194386