Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple questions......???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Sep 2, 2001.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

currently running an edelbrock 1406 ( I belive) and the secondaries wont open when you stomp it....at an idle or moving in gear......... the four barrel is only using the front 2 and this is a manual secondary carb....everything looks good linkage etc. any one else ever run into this is there something internal that helps them operate?

and I have a set of heads with the cast numbers as follows.....333882 ( I believe) I know the last 3 are correct ....882....could someone tell me the chamber size for these heads 64cc or 76cc THANX!!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm pretty sure the 1406 is vac secondary. Mine is. There are different springs available to dial in where the secondary's open. I would check that there is no linkage binding anywhere first. also check that the choke is opening all thw way when hot. If the choke is partially closed the secondaries can't open. Also, the 1406 is nowhere near as loud when it 'opens up' as the q-jet. Your secondaries may in fact be opening.
    Also the secondaries will never open by blipping the throttle in nuetral, there's just not enough load on the engine for them to open.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

About the heads, They are 76cc heads with 1.94 intake valves and 1.50 exhaust

Check out my 73 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm>http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm</a>

4. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I looked to make sure it's not a 1406 it must be the 1400 or something, it's a manual secondary Edelbrock for sure and I know the throats arent opening in the rear......how do you know which spring to use and where is it located?? thx