Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple shock questions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Aug 15, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

Just bought rancho 5000's from someone on the list and I'm wondering if they are suppose to be compressed? I thought that they would be extended and I would have to compress them to get them on the bolts but I actually have to pull them out. They are stiff to get out and then once out, stiff to get back in but not gas charged like I expected.This is normal for these right? THX

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yup, normal. If they weren't stiff they wouldn't be a very good shock. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif </font color>

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I don't think they are a very good shock BECAUSE they are stiff /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Ok...OVERLY stiff. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Well, I'd have to agree with you about the 5000s being too stiff, but if the 5000s he has weren't stiff then they'd be broken /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif </font color>