Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

couple things about oil

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Aug 9, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

10pm update: just got done changing the oil in my truck and i learned a few things about oil while i was down there. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

1) it doesnt stop burning your skin if its hot. EVER
    2) its very good at trapping and killing moths
    3) it makes getting the oil filter off extremely difficult
    4) dishsoap has a very hard time getting it out of hair
    5) said oil will make your shower stall smell like burnt oil

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

just so you know.

time for a beer.... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I see you are a person like me, no matter how much technical knowledge you get, you still always make a mess changing oil /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Sounds like that oil change was lotsa fun, I hate oil changes, they don't pay well and they take too long, and they are always messy /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    I don't know what you guys are doin' wrong... I did my oil in 10 minutes and didn't spill a drop...til I moved the pan out from under the car... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i think the biggest issue is the fact that you really need to be a contortionist to get to the oil filter in my truck. GM, in all of its wisdom, put the front driveshaft DIRECTLY under the oil filter, which, by the way, is a little bit too close to the headers and framerail /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Wife's Altima....filter is hidden behind some flap....it's on sideways...bout a big as a saltshaker...no way you can take that lil sumbitch off without it runnin down yer arm...

Least I can do my Jimmy without a jack...filter is upright...5 gallon bucket fits right under it....I don't care if oil runs down my arm...plenty of room to find other stuff to do while I'm under there.....Made in America.. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

changing oil on the mini is a bitch, the filter is right between the grill and engine, and scence i put the mini rad. in the front i only have enogh room to tur the filter about 1/16th of a turn at a time /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif big pain, than i have to tip it sideways to get it out from between the grill and the bottom of the oil pan/ tranny, good times, i like dooing it on base they have lifts /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

My oil changes aren't messy. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I just take a large nail and drive it through the bottom of the filter pull it out, loosen the filter a little and let it drain for 10 mins. Then unscrew the empty oil filter ... no mess. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

.....Dang! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif .....wudda geenyus /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif....ain't never thotta that /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif.....good tip..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif