Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cover fo 4 wheeler for April...

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Ddragggon, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I was at work, and glanced at our magazine racks... noticed what at first glance was a k20 done up real pretty like... the double take revealed it as a suburban that had the rear top cut off.

pretty sweet little ride he's got there, although had it been me, I'da replaced the 10 bolts with 14/60 and called it even.

seeing one that's had the top trimmed off, has made me rethink the posibility of topping mine off again. dunno tho: the utility of a covered rear space is just too high.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You could always have a custom cover made for the rear section. Just Saturday I saw a Jeep Wagoneer that had a complete soft top. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The roof edges had been replaced with a roll cage, then a custom trip shoop had made the soft top to fit over it. It looked VERY sharp! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. I saw that Burb at the indy Jamborre last year. It is a nice looking truck and has a soft top made for the back, but it angles down and I didn't care for it's look. Looks better with no top and definately needs to throw some more money into the axle department.

4. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Yeah the first thing that caught my eye was the stupid ten bolts. Just one in the front with a 14sf rear would have been passable but come on. I still don't know why he chose a turbo 350. I would have just sprung for the t-400 and called it good. I love the rear bumper though. Did you see the dirt stains on the rear carpet!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif At least he's not afraid to get it dirty. The blower looks awsome.

5. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Saw the pict and thought of the old post about putting a K5 top on a sub. Should have bought the mag. Somebody has to do it or has done it already!

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status