Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cover truck on Fourwheeler this month.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Oct 24, 2003.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That thing is PATHETIC. It looks like the same kind of crap that we make fun of from Ebay around here all the time.

It has nearly all the necessary elements. Bling bling? It's got it. Nasty clear tail lights? Yep, got those too. Stock axles? Sure enough. Changed emblems to make you think it's something it's not? Definitely got that too. It even has wheel adapters to make it look like it has bigger axles than it does. To me, that thing is no different than a ricer, changing emblems, putting some silly paint job on, adding pointless bolt ons, and not caring much for function.

I have been getting Fourwheeler since I was in 3rd grade and this is by far the most pathetic piece of junk they've ever printed. It doesn't even have aggressive tires on it. Where does that thing wheel? I doubt you could even wheel the mall at it.

I am sure you guys can find even more faults in it. So far, all I see is an F250 with an ugly paint job, the stock D50 front with an 8.5" ring gear and hub bearings in front that will never handle the 46" or whatever size tires it has and an expensive National Spring lift setup.

Oooh wow, I found some more stupid crap on it. The rear axle is purple. Let's check out that steering setup. We have the classic bent draglink which isn't that bad, but we add a panhard bar with leaf springs. This is a stock item for the SD trucks, but this owner had to go one step further and make sure that it wasn't parallel to the drag link when at rest so it would find its own way down the road.

This is obviously one thing...a show truck. How the hell did crap like that find its way into Fourwheeler magazine? It would fit in maybe in Off-Road or some other pathetic mag that covers that kind of nonsense that none of us fourwheelers care about, but seriously, are all magazines going down the tubes?

I don't know what to think anymore other than that we might have to start printing our own magazine.

2. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to think anymore other than that we might have to start printing our own magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif There's a good idea. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you fund it I will find trucks in my area and go wheeling to take pictures.

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

yea, thats kinda like when they declared a fawkin lexus "four wheeler of the year." bullshit.

about a rag, hey, ill do a write up on what not to do... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I dunno...I just think it's stupid. I get Fourwheeler and Petersons because I have always thought that those two are the best at representing fourwheeling for real and not show truck POS's. I just started getting Petersons...but I've been getting Fourwheeler a long time.

I'm just so disappointed that they are coming to accept IFS trucks and printing show truck like crap just to sell more magazines. I'm sure that's all fine and dandy, but you'd think they could leave that to the other mags that make their money that way, and leave fourwheeler to the good, real, used and abused trucks.

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Four Wheeler, SUV, and such are just show truck rags... Always have been always will be. Only ones I get are Petersons and JP. They are both filled with some good tech, JP especially.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, TTC is for show trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. bigredblzr

bigredblzr 1/2 ton status

"Peterson's 4wheel & Offroad" is the only way to go. I'll see those "other" mags at the store or in a waiting room and think "what kind of people allow this crap to be published?" I swear man, allowing that kinda stuff to hit the newsstands should be illegal, it's just another type of Pop Culture Pollution! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the only rag I get anymore is Petersons. I still like Fourwheeler but their billing department is REALLY stupid, so I don't get ti anymore. How hard is it for them to understand that my mom accidentally renewed it after I did? so then I got 2 copies a month. So we called and said hey we are getting 2 cancel one. Ok no problem. Then they just kept sending renew notice after renew notice, and bill after bill. The subscription was paid for a year so there was no reason to be billed. We wrote letters and called and all but they kept sending them and finally stopped sending the mag. Oh well.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Same crap happens to me. I payed my bill and I still get bill after bill. I don't think I'll renew it after I see the crap that they've got on the cover now.

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

looks like a typical Fourwheeler cover truck to me. Their covers have been like that for years. I still get because I love the expidition (trips, not the Ford) stories.

12. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I'm with PetersEn's too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i gave up on fourwheeler a few years ago......petersons for me... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sad though huh?

I get Peterson's too.

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I have been getting Fourwheeler since I was in 3rd grade and this is by far the most pathetic piece of junk they've ever printed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree its a pretty lame cover truck... but its FAR from the most pathetic. I vividly remember a pink/yellow stretched jeep with a u-shaped leopard-print "couch" in the back. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Unquestionably the lamest thing ever in a 4x4 mag... atleast 100x lamer than any of the car-on-a-4x4-frame rigs I have seen in old mags. lol!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

16. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I think 4wheel and offroad is the way to go. They are all about bashin posers and promoting the guys that have ugly trucks that work awesome!