Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cover truck on recent Off-Road mag..10 bolt and 44's??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, May 14, 2000.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Cover truck on recent Off-Road mag..10 bolt and 44\'s??

I was flipping thru off road magazine at the G-store this morn' and the cover truck was a red Chev big and bad super susp, live front axel swap, roll cage..the works. I had to see what kind of axels he was running in the rear..since it was running big bad 44's..well it was running a Trussed 10 bolt with 4.88 R&P!!!??? I couldnt believe what I was reading...I dropped my jelly filled long john and went unconsious for a moment. Me and the long john are fine but I cant see how this setup would be dependable..anyone else want to comment on this?

2. Re: Cover truck on recent Off-Road mag..10 bolt and 44\'s??

I really don't think he will break the thing rolling onto the trailer. Is it the airbag set-up? Look at how his links are set-up. doesn't look like he would get much wheel travel, but it does look cool. Go to the big shows and you will see alot of big tires with 10 bolts !! They are trailer queens !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

3. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Re: Cover truck on recent Off-Road mag..10 bolt and 44\'s??

Anymore it seems that 10 bolts are the way to go. My buddy has an 80 pickup 15"lift 44-18.50's and runs a 10 bolt and runs it hard. BUT...he has had it built to the max. i have 35's a stroker motor and never busted one yet(crossing fingers) and I'm rougher than most on mine. In a recent PHR mag they were saying 10 bolts are the way to go for racing any more...they are a little more to build but parts availibility and new engineering teqniques let them be built stronger than ever before......NOW dont get me wrong I'd rather kill a man for his 14 than steal a 10..14's and 12' are definitley stronger and better but when avail. and use of is factored in it always changes things. This is the long answer to your question.Dont be suprised if theres not more 10's in the future.

P.S....I do agree with BIGBURB though...most likely a trailer queen!

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM!

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Hey if I can kill 12 bolts I think I'll pass the 10 bolt right by!!!!!!!!

5. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

TRAILER QUEEN WANNA BE!!!!

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I cant imagine putting all of that work into a truck, a truck that has a use...not these pimp low rider, gold plated, crushed velvet interior P.O.S. you see at the car shows..I can see trailering them around. What a waste.

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

No s#!t, give us some of the cash (s)he spent to build a trailer queen...We'll put it to good use!!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...