Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Covering the truck after painting

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by adamforsythe, Jul 3, 2006.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    I will be re building the whole back end of my k5 and re painting it this fall. I was thinking while I was trying to wash all of the tree sap off from the top of my truck (It turned my white truck BLACK):crazy: . How long should I wait before I put a car cover on it? What should I do and what should I not do to my truck right after i'm done painting it?
    If you guys are wondering what colors I will be using. It will be GM Superior Blue Met. with a pair of Aluminum colored strips (see what the stipes look like in the link below)
    http://www.supermusclecar.com/cars/69mustang/69mustang.html
    It took me 3 years to finally figure out what I want to paint my truck.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't understand... :doah: You say you are painting your truck blue with a silver stripe, so why show us a red and black Mustang?

[​IMG]

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

The stripe you see is the same stripe that i'm putting on my truck. But instead of a red car i'm going Dark blue. Instead of a black stripe i'm going with a silver stripe.
    Hope you understand now
    Thanks
    Adam

4. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

i have always painted cars in the summer months then when im done i wont wash it for a week ill drive it around and let the sun bake it then ill give it a wash and its good from there on.. some say wait a month but i think thats a little much.