Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CoverLay

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerGuy, May 1, 2000.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Does anyone have experience with Coverlay. Are their door panels any good? Does LMC sell door panels(I haven't got my catalog yet)and are they cheaper? Coverlay wants about $200 bucks

Money-->Blazer

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

A magazine did a article on there stuff.They used there door covers and dash cover.They seemed to like them.Try lmc or jcw fro prices.Don't know if anybody else makes these products.

3. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

yes LMC sells them ........as for price i dont know (to lazy to look now) i'll post tommorrow if no one else beats me to it

<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Also check with Cheyenne Pickup Parts 405-872-3399 - they have all kinds of interior parts, door panels, dash covers, etc.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

LMC sells inner door panels for '81-'91 for $159.95. They come in black, blue, red and tan. I have had good luck getting used ones out of a wrecking yard real cheap. I have even dyed some red ones grey and they worked real well.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

6. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

Check out your local swap meets and the weekend swap and shop. I live in K.C. and there is a guy at the swap and swap at the 63rd. Drive-In who sells mostly truck stuff and the last time I was out there he had some black door panels for 10 bucks a piece. They were new in plastic wrap in the box. I didn't need them, but a buddy of mine bought a almost perfect chrome front bumper for his '85 Chevy pickup for 20 bucks from this guy. I always try other sources before I will part with that much, especially $150 for a plastic door panel. That is unless you're rich, but if you were you wouldn't be asking questions on this board. You would do what all those other rich guys do, have your chauffeur take it to the performance shop and let them do it all for you. I wish!!!

I will be buying my Powerball ticket tomorrow, just in case.

Phil
    82K5