Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crack yard dealing.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Aug 16, 2006.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Feb 3, 2004
    well after decideing to go to blazer bash, and also not wanting to rush the buggy I desided to take the 86 to to utah in october and drive it there,

then i remembered that my 1/2 toms with 3.73's and 37 inch boggers will kill me with a turbo 350..

so I looked on craigslist and found a sm465/205 combo, the guy had it for 500 bucks a couple weekes ago and slowly had dropped his price to 300.00

i called him, said if he would take 250.00 i would come pick it up.. so NATEINCHANDLER and I went and it checked it out but could not locate the shifter:doah: and spent an hour in the dark with no light, finaly we did use a 30 foot cord and a cealing lights to look around! A mean looking guard dog folowing us around too:crazy: the whole place was trashy as hell, he even wanted to drag the tranny and t-case though the house to avoid having to open his gate:eek1: bugs and ants all over the place roaches and all... to put it lightly my girl friend didn't want to let go:haha:

while there I also noticed a really really clean late 80's core suport with the grill, lights and trim stil on it as well as a tuffy cargo box that fits behid a jeep wrangler rear seat,

offered him 20.00 for the whole grill/core/head lights, lower valance and trim... he said yup:D

then offered 10 bucks for the jeep storage box... he said..yup:D

then since he could not find the shifter got him to take 250.00 for everything...:D

then while loading it up there was the damn shifter, he still took just 250.00 as well:bow:

so for 250.00 I got my set up, my 86 was already a manual before so the pedals and such are already there, I even saved my old drive shaft that I had in when I had the same combo in there:bow: it will be an easy swap!

the lower valance I needed as well as the trim for the core support, what a good deal for once, even after food and drinks and gas, still was less than the 300.00 he wanted for it:D

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Nov 14, 2001
    I've met a few of those types before. A little cash can go along ways. I just make sure I go a long ways away as soon as I got what I wanted. :wink1:
  3. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Mar 26, 2004
    I've met them too. People get dissapointed by me when I wont let them walk over me, $10.00 for a core support with grill etc is REDICULOUS. Of course you are in AZ so rust free isn't a big deal there. Here in NH it most certainly is... Good going!
    Just like the guy who bought the pissant this weekend for 16K. Down from 20K. I would have let him walk out the first time he tried. I've been a salesman since day one, and I'd rather make $$ then friends. If he was willing to haggle for 1.5 hours (or 30-45min for that) you can tell he *WANTS* that specific one, for whatever reason, even if he walks out he'll come back (still haggling) but you can just sit back and say "dayum, boss says he wants $18,500".