Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cracked rim....sheared bolts... what to do

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mr.LaHoyaSunset, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Mr.LaHoyaSunset

Mr.LaHoyaSunset Registered Member

Alright, so winter sucks, ok. It sucks because in columbus, people dont know how to drive, and even more so beause I somehow cracked a rim on a pothole, and in doing so it decided to start wobbling and sheared a few bolts off, such that now I only have two attached bolts, and the rest are either all gone, including the studs, or missing the bolts. My question is this. Do i just buy new rims and retap the bolt? or do I have to buy a new axle..... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    any help would be insanely appreciated.
    thanks a bunch

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

So the wheel wobbled causing the studs to break? Its really not that big of a deal, just take the rotor/hub off and pound the broke studs out and go get some new ones and press them in. Thats all there is to it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Mr.LaHoyaSunset

Mr.LaHoyaSunset Registered Member

schweeeet, thanks man
    so just a junkyard repair with a spare rim that fits would work?
    quigley

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Yeah just go get you a used rim or whatever you want and then fix the broke studs and get some new lug nuts and your set to go. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif