Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Craftsman DIY powder coating

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by littlejimmythatcould, Feb 9, 2007.

1. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

Has anyone bought/used this system? I read about it in a magazine and thougt I'd check it out. They only have 4 colors though. Is there a place where a person could buy the powder coating powder that would be compatable with this system? Just curious. I would like yellow to match my truck's paint scheme. Or even gloss black would work. Anyone have more info on this system. Here is the link, I hope.....

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00917288000

2. ct85k10

ct85k10 1/2 ton status

3. littlejimmythatcould

Cool! I'll check them out. I wonder if their colors will work in the Sears gun?

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

5. littlejimmythatcould

That is way better! But...:( ... I have a gas oven:doah: ... and it said no gas oven. And I have no place for an extra oven. Plus I was going to use my kitchen oven ! Plus the no food prep thing... my wife probably would not like that, although I wonder if our food would taste that bad...

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

you cant use your home oven for any powder coating system. The...'fumes' the melting powder gives off are rather......disgusting smelling. What I did is mounted a wall oven that my uncle was throwing out on a cart from Harbor Freight, and roll it out & plug it in when I need it, when I dont, roll it off and store it in the corner.

7. littlejimmythatcould

I live in base housing and it's hard enough to keep them off of my butt about tires, axles, tailgates, bumpers and pink flamingos in my yard let alone a oven. Oh well, it is a cool system. When I get my own place off base I will have to get one, it just sounded really cool and easy to do. Thanks for the link though, I will save it and get one when I move off base... then.... LOOKOUT! I'll the most powdercoated rig on here:eek1: Thanks for all of your responses, I learned a lot.... like I need to move off base ..... so I can put an old oven in my yard with the rest of the truck stuff :D