Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Craftsman Ratchet Exchange update: pics

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by rdn2blazer, Apr 21, 2007.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

If you are a CRAFTSMAN club member they are having a ratchet exchange ( atleast in my area ) from April 22 thru 28. you can turn in your "old style" for the profesional newer style and they will give you a discount for turning the old one in. ITS NOT A DIRECT EXCHANGE. I prefer the newer style and hate the old style so I probably will swap mine.

I think you also get a club discount on the price of the new ratchet also BUT Im not positive so dont hold me to that.

you get:

3 bucks for the 1/4 drive

5 bucks for the 3/8 drive

7 bucks for the 1/2 drive

in credit towards the new style. just thought I would share.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  2. rdn2blazer

so I picked up their new style wrenches, standard and metric, reg price is 79.99 on sale for 69.99, club price is 62.99.

exchanged one 1/4 in. ratchet, two 3/8 ratchets, one 1/2 ratchet. instead of giving me the credit for the old ratchets they messed up and exchanged the old ones for the new ones straight across, saved me 108 bucks! SCORE!! :D :laugh: . did'nt realize it til I got home, Im not going back since its their mess up.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

not quite sure I understand the purpose of those wrenches, but cool nonetheless.

How do you feel those ratchets are in comparison to the standard series? The standard series just aren't cutting it anymore for me and I have been phasing them out and replacing them with Matco fine tooth stuff for a while now. Got sick of the rebuilt junk they hand out at Sears anymore.

4. rdn2blazer

the wrenches are designed like with the open and box end at 90 deg. index from one another so when you have to really lean on the wrench when tightening or loosening you dont have the thin edge profile of the wrench digging into your palm or fingers. instead its the full side surface area of the open end, or box end wrench face in your palm. its a great idea I think.

as far as the ratchets, I hav'nt used them yet but first impression is that there a quality ratchet. way better then the old stuff. time will tell.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  5. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

the profesional series are WAY better inside and out. fine tooth, 3 o-rings and a tighter spring.

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

IMHO, the standard series ratchets are total garbage and would benifet more people at the bottom of the ocean.....

The pro series aren't bad, but it's still Craftsman.

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Good info!
    Of course, last month I bought the 1/4" drive pro-series ratchet...

I've had the 3/8" for a while - I like it far better than the "standard" style. Guess I'll be swapping the 1/2" this week.

8. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

The "Rachet Exchange" seems like a rip-off to me. Certainly if it's broke they will give you a new style. Just take them in "broken.":D

9. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Seems like a rip off at best to me. I will happily give you $7 cash for your 1/2" Craftsman ratchets.