Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crank rear window glass

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChevBlazin, Sep 29, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Does ayone have the manual rear window setup that you have to crank down? I am considering switching over to that since I have done about everything possible to my electric one and it still gets stuck and slow at times. I am worried the wires will break some day and I will be stuck with a truck full of gear that I cant get to. Just wondering if they work nice. Anyone have to stuff for sale also. close to St Paul MN??

2. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

why not just replace the wiring and switches? Its cheap and simple. When I re-did all my rear wiring I ran it thru conduit up in the frame...no chance of it getting caught that way. If you dont have a conduit bender, you can rent one for like $5.

3. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I have the crank style rear window in my '74 and I love it. I've had other blazers with the power rear and I have to work on customers on a daily basis. The power ones just get full of dirt and crap and its just to much of a load on the motors. If you stay with the power one just clean it out and regrease everything periodicly and you shouldn't have any problems. One thing I like about the manuel one is I take my tailgate off alot in the summer and I don't have to worry about the wires. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My 76 has a manual one. I just need to replace the handel, pin broke. I can still roll it down and up okay.