Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cranking the torsion bars?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by blzr4x4ngkid2, Jul 28, 2003.

1. blzr4x4ngkid2

blzr4x4ngkid2 Registered Member

First off, I want to make my '94 Blazer sit just a tad bit higher and I want to crank the torsion bars. What all do I need to do to get this accomplished. I know I might need to throw some 2" blocks in the rear. I want it to sit higher without really lifting it and sit level. Sitting level is the important part here. It's just a 4x4 not a Z71. Thanks!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

there are two bolts at the end of the torsion bars you just tighten those in and it cranks them up. Don't plan on getting 2" out of them though. You will probably be cranking pretty good and I've heard mixed reports around that point as to "almost stock ride" "hard as a %#$#^#@ rock!". If you think you could use an alignment now absolutely get one afterwards. CVs and ball joints and such may wear out faster as well.

3. blzr4x4ngkid2

blzr4x4ngkid2 Registered Member

Sounds good to me. That about sums it up then, just leave it alone or lift it. haha Thanks man.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I got bored at work today and pulled out the 18mm socket and cranked mine up. I only went an inch. My truck is one of the many 3/4 tons you see running around sitting at least 2" lower in the front. Now its only about 1/2"-1" lower in the front.

5. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

i did this to mine 2in on the Tbars and there is still more i could go on them but i left them at 2in higher and put 2in blocks in the rear with the 3in bodylift i can run 35's. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif got 33x12.50 Xterrains for now [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

for you its a lift kit for me its a leveling kit. oh well

7. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

LOL well actually all i wanted it to do was not rub anywhere under full flex so thats all i did with it.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I tested mine today. Normally when I back out of my driveway and put my drive front tire in the ditch the passenger front would rub. So I did it on purpose today on the way out and not a single rub.