Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crankshaft Journal Size

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Smitty, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Just finished pulling down the 350 that came with my Blazer when I bought it. It's a 4-bolt main #14016379. A site I was on says it's a 77-79 block. The crank is #3932442 and is supposed to be a cast medium journal crank.

I'm planning on stroking this thing to a 383. Problem is I've never heard of a medium journal crank. I've heard of a large and a small but not a medium journal. Does anyone know what size crank is supposed to be in this block?

The kits all come with a new crank but I really don't want to get into the trouble of sending something as heavy a crank back and forth. If anyone knows which size crank goes in this block or the diameter of the main journal bores it sure will help out.

Smitty

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

The last small journal, [both rod, and main's] were made in '68, after that, their all the "Large Journal" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif There are no Medium journal crank's.

You're gonna be using a 400 crank anyhow, so,no-worry's.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

That's what I thought but the MorTec site seems to cover all the bases and they list a couple of them as medium sized journals. I just wanted to make sure the new crank fits in my old block. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the info.

Smitty