Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crap coming out carburator

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by greywolf, May 11, 2002.

1. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

This is a friend of this user and i am having problems with my 87 toyota pick-up. The other night it over heated so i let it sit for a night, i then added water and anti-freeze to the radiator. When i did that i checked the oil as well and saw that it was a dark grey color, in that i was thinking it may be a gasket problem. I then drove it about 10 more miles home added more water and let it sit for about 1 hour. i then drove it no mnore then a mile when it died again. Smoke came from the exhaust and i lifted the lid to see thei now a bit lighter grey liquid on the side of the engine and i opened the air filter to see that this stuf also came from the carburator as well. No idea what is going on. Plz help if possible A.S.A.P.

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Grey wolf sounds like you've blow the motor, compression builds up on the heads and won't allow oil to flow down to pan, then the PVC valve picks up the excessive oil build up and shoots it to the carb....had a Cavalier do it once...lost the compression rings, and oil scrapers, and pressurized the head... and the engine kept running on 3 cylinders but damn the amount of oil it was burning was horrefic... at any rate you're looking at a rebuild for sure.

3. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

its not mine, my buddy scotts toy. gonna do a rebuild 22r.
    i stopped by auto zone (stupid me)to see what happened
    i thought it was head gasket.
    the guy said "thats a new one on me"(me shocked)