Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crappy day, thief, and me playing Columbo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Sep 29, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

So I leave the office for lunch and get in the Tahoe, ready to go make a deposit at the bank. I look for my smokes and their not here, hmmmm, I know I left them in the console. I go back into the office and check around, ask if anyones just jerking with me. Nope. I get back in the truck and go to the bank, look in the console again and lo and behold! My entire wallet is gone. :eek1: I call the wife to make sure I didn't leave it home (even though I know I didn't) find it's not there, and then get the popo on the line. Make a report, call the credit card companies and cancel both personal and business Amex, call my bank of find that the chode wasn't happy with the $50 bucks (and the more than likely winning lotto ticket!! :laugh: ), but has already started a spree on my Platinum corp. card. Now, you would think (wouldn't you?) that the kind of scrote that would steal in broad daylight would look a certain way that would mean he'd probably get ID'd when trying to use a card like that. Not the case, a gift shop, a convenience store and a head shop all within 3 blocks of my office accept the card. The bank gives me the amounts, locations and times, freezes the card and reverses the charges. I should be content right?

Wrong, that's just not me. I get a pen a paper and head on out to the stores, knowing that the couple hundy in charges isn't exactly gonna have the local Johnny Law beatin' street ASAP. I go to the first one, and old "Les" tells me "Why sure Mr., I remember him, he was a nice youg black guy that told me his Daddy was a Dr. at the hospital". :doah: F*cking-A right Les. There are only 15 or so black people in this town, not one a Dr. at the hospital, and if he was that young WTF is he doing with a Corp. card. Oh, and by the way Les, since I don't sign any of my cards, did you ID him??? "Well no son, but I did get his phone number" :rolleyes: Geez Les, I think you cracked the case! He sure wouldn't have given a nice old fartknocker like you a fake number would he???

I wish Les a merry f*cking life after getting a copy of the receipt (seems I bought him a nifty Broncos sweatshirt and Avalanche cap) and head on down to the next store, a Conoco, she seems nice enough but of course no cameras in the place, and she's had so many customers she doesn't give a crap. "Honey I don't even know if they're black, orange or green, I just give 'em what they want and ring 'em up." Oh well, at least she's honest. She gives me a receipt, looks like I've now treated him to some junk food and sodas, $30 worth of Lotto tickets (haha! he doesn't know there's a $20 million dollar winner in my wallet yet!!! :wink1: ) and $10 cash (guess the $50 went fast).

I call a friend of mine (Dep. Sheriff) just for some advice, and he says sure, go ahead and get all the info you can, the officer will appreciate it. I was just worried I'd get something on the guy and then they'd tell they can't use it 'cause I'm a civilian or something.

Head on over to store #3 "Himalayan Feelings" :rolleyes: great, a head shop. Store's closed but I can still smell the incense.

So I drive around for a while, looking for a black guy with a Broncos sweatshirt, Av's cap, and a big fat belly (you know, from the junkfood) and maybe a Bob Marley flag or "legalize it" bumper sticker.

I get back to the office and call Officer Kramer (pretty nice guy and called me back promptly), and sure enough, he's floored and thrilled that I did some footwork on it. I tell him that I just realized we may have a little chance to nab this model citizen. There is a $50 gift certificate in my wallet that a client gave me to a Flyshop also downtown. I call the flyshop and give them a heads-up that Jo-Jo dancer may be coming in to blow some more of my money, and that he's not; shall we say, their typical flyfisherman client. :laugh: So the flyshop is keeping an eye open for me and have Officer Kramer and my cell #'s.

That's as far as this saga has gotten so far today, the Himalaya Head shop is supposed to reopen here @ 4PM so off I go to try and get some info out of some more than likely long haired loser who smells like patchouli.

Wish me luck boys!!!!

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

At least it was only a $50 and thats awesome that you're on his trail.

Good luck!

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

if you happen to catch this idiot he was already beat all to hell when you found him as long as no one is around ;)

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hope you catch the little bastard before the police, nothing feels better then dragging the SOB into the police station yourself. What you do between the time you catch him, and haul him in is your choice. :thinking: :whistle:

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Tracker Dave, PI

Great writeup, waiting on the next installment. I can't wait to see if Tracker Dave gets his man!!! :bow:

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

My assistant made me put the big 4D maglite back in the closet after I drove around with it looking for him. Probably best. When I stopped at home the wife went and checked to see if I picked up my 9MM. Come on, I'm not that stupid. :rolleyes:

Update:

Went to the Himalayan shop, not really a head shop but close. The lady with the dot on her head had me talk to her son (thank god), and he tells me it was a young WHITE guy. Same "my dad's a Dr." story though. And it looks like now I have been kind enough to buy them a "singing bowl" (whatever the f*ck that is), a blue womens embroidered bag, and a lovely hemp wallet.

Farmer's Market is downtown tonight on Main, I think I'll be walking around looking for some of my "gifts" hanging off some chode's shoulders.

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, Tracker Dave hopes so too.

My wife says " Oh my, he has our address" like that's a bad thing. I'd love to see him at my house, then I have an excuse to retaliate.

"Officer, I swear I fired a warning shot, as a matter of fact I fired 14, the 15th was the only one meant to hit him!!"