Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crappy Day

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BulldogK5, Oct 11, 2004.

1. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Decided to drive the new Blazer (K5Junkie's red & black one) to work today. It has been nice to drive the few times I have had it this past week. Well I get across town on a busy road and the SEC tire carrier braks off at the pivot spindle and goes bouncing across traffic with the 39.5 swamper on it. Fortunately no-one was hurt. Just my previously injured back from trying to wrestle that monster along with the frame into the back of the truck. It has an 8" lift. Needless to say I ruined the khakis I was wearing. Got back on the road and realized I had broken my watch. Went home and changed to finally get to work. Went to measure a house and the tape measure pulled out with no backup. Got in and had a pen explode and ruin another pair of pants. Later, tried to help a turtle out in the traffic and he ran under the truck. Figured, he's in the front in the shade, I will back away from him. Got back 3 feet and hear a crunch. All in all, only one living thing seriously maimed. I could take that as the good side or the really bad side. Sorry for the long post.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Wow dude, that sucks! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

FWIW, I know the truck and have wheeled with it (Joe), it's a sweet one with lots of goodies. Post up some pics so everyone can see how nice it is and make you feel better. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

The bright side; now you have an excuse to find some really cool bumper for the back. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Here you go, NICE K5 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

nice blazer! with a blazer that sweet how can you have a bad day? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

My truck isn't moving in a long time, im forced to drive my buick...
    the other day I went over to JK5's place and got dehydrated from drooling so much over his rigs and barnful of cool parts...
    then got to drive his '77 with almost no brakes (and no plates /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ) around the neighborhood and his yard with jerry, madmike, and myself squeezed into the cab... was a fun time but I'm still a lil weak from the dehydration.

moral of the story is, things are always better when you have a running rig! lol...jk, hope the remainder of the day is a little better

5. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks for the pics. I actually was over at my dad's shop today and got a few on the loading ramp. It flexed fairly well, ramp is only about 15 deg. though. The more I thought about the day the better I felt. At least nobody was hurt especially since I don't have the insurance papers yet. I hated Joe had to sell it but I told him anytime he wanted to go we would take it out. Maybe next year to Blazer Bash. Gotta get a locker though. Thanks again for the pics. Know anybody that needs a '91 K5? j/k.