Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crappy service!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, May 4, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

This pisses me off to no end, you have online problems so you try to call the customer service line and they say for better service try logging on to our site...well yeah wish I could, thats why I am calling you./forums/images/icons/mad.gif Now today I have a phone bill due and I tried to call them to do a credit card payment for it, but thier only availible from 7:00 to 7:00 M-F
    So I listen to the voice mail crap and they say" try logging into our site...." so I do..and well how conventient is that..the residentual option is showing servor errors and not working/forums/images/icons/mad.gif I'm [censored] pissed!!! yeah it's my own fault for putting it off but I didn't have the money til now, and the kicker is... my phone is getting turned off monday unless I pay this. so if you don't hear from me in a while you know I'm doing a lawn job at the phone company!!!!

**takes a deep breath and goes back to reading post**

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

UGH I know what you mean. I just went rounds with AOHELL about some free service I was supposed to have and got 50 bucks charged on my credit card. I feel for you /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I hope you get it fixed.

3. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

{while running away, holding my ears screaming}

HE SAID AOL.... AOL.... MOMMY THAT BAD WOMAN SAID AOL

sorry cant stand aohell at all... but i will say this much.. i like messing with people that are using aol... they are so much fun to watch... lol

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

That man is a woman/forums/images/icons/wink.gif,LOL

5. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

there is that better... sorry i just saw AOHELL and lost all normal brain activities...

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

No problem and what the sig says.....(no fears no worries)

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I cancelled AOL back in late Jan. They kept giving me free months, which I wasnt using because I didnt like AOL and had another ISP. In March we called to cancel AGAIN and they gave us a free month. But this was the last one! LOL! I didnt want the other two! April comes and goes and were in May, Its STILL ON! And they are pelting us w/ Emails that they need our checking account info. BITE ME!!

We still check it just to see how long these morons are gonna leave it up. LOL!

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I got thier free service for a few months. I accually have At&T but most of my friends from back home are on it so I wanted to get in touch with them again. AOL DOES SUCK. God and the people working the phones are horrible. One guy tried telling me that they never had disks that gave out 1000 or 45 days. AND I HAD ONE IN MY HAND! Duh taters...

9. Pure Insanity

As much as I dislike AOL customer service I do have to say that they do have the best connection I have found yet. I currently use a local ISP, and have used Earthlink and Compu Serve also. Neither had the speed of AOL no matter what time of day. The others I have used seem to bottle neck at certain times of day. I am connected using AOL now. I was trying to use the local ISP I have and its at one of those times where it wont change pages. Itll connect you to the net but you cant go anywhere. I normally connect at 45000 too. I have hit as high as 50000 before. AOL being as big as it is may just be the best regardless of the customer service, and the dolts they have working there.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I will not use A$$h@l# on line !!!!!!

11. Pure Insanity

What other decent options are there that dont bottle neck? Ill look into just about anything.

12. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

AOL sucks called once a week to yell at Time Warner Road Runner when are the lines going in now they are and have had it for almost a year can't go back to dial up it suck to much

13. Pure Insanity

Ill prob get cable when its available in my area. But what is DSL then?

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

My online service is pretty quick, but when I get onto aol and use thiers im always booted, or its so damn SLOW. For such a big company they could speed up a bit. :P

15. Pure Insanity

I always seemed to have junk service and got booted constantly. But its been running great all weekend.

Yeah I have been using it instead of the other ISP I have because of the bottle neck problem.

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

DSL seems reasonable, I want cable, its rather spendy though.

17. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

It is like a cable modum but uses your phone line and you can still use your phone too...I think that dsl stands for Wait this can expain it better than I can

http://www.askjeeves.com/main/followup.asp?qcat=tech&ask=what+is+dsl&qsrc=0&o=0&snp=jeeves&qid=8E4FDE7577A8A64EA36126C73171DEB2&dt=020505221307&back=ask%3Dwhat%2Bis%2Bdsl%26o%3D0%26x%3D16%26y%3D16&qcatid=45&score=40.01&aj_ques=snapshot%3DJeeves%26kbid%3D1461018&aj_logid=8E4FDE7577A8A64EA36126C73171DEB2&aj_rank=1&aj_score=40.01

I think it is worth the money I have never had 1 problem or slow down other that my slow ass computer....And best of all no dial up sound...mike

18. Pure Insanity

WOW Thats one hell of a link! Thanx Ill check it out tommorow. I opened the link and book marked it.

19. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I know that the cable modem.be it the broadband or the roadrunner service is the new "in" thing and that makes for a sorta bottle neck ( but very hard to bottleneck DSL,Cable service) Just the service I have heard has not be very good at all..I don't have first hand knowlage of the cable and people have had good things to say but I am very very very happy with the dsl...As noted I do "test" my line speed all the time ( I can give ya that link to , It will test your speed,kind of neat to know) just pm me for it...mike