Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CRAPY TITLES, give some details to what the post is about, PLEASE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Twiz, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Seeing as there is NO-Friggin way I can keep up with all these new posts every day, (I'm on the net during my "off-hours"). I know I'm missing out on all kinds of cool stuff
    BECAUSE THE TITLE SUCKS!

Come 'awn, give me something to go on other than "I'm pissed, with pics"..ect...
    (slight rant)

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif <=

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So "Help me please" isn't a good title?/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm kinda partial to "NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!" myself..... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif It always seems to grab the lads' attention.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Eric,

Actually we are "hiding" all the really good posts from you by using the title:

"New Member Here.....Can you help me?"

HAHAHAHA!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif No wonder you never see our secret stuff...... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I am 100% behind you on this. Lately I have much less time to poke around here. I figure if the poster can not be bothered to put some thought into a decent title, I can't be bothered to try to help. I just ignore them, unless I recognize the poster. But then, most of the posters I care to specifically look for generally wouldn’t do such an asinine thing as post a vague title. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Ditto what Russ said.

Did you know you can fit 75 characters in the title bar /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

TTT

I do like the title of this thread.
    however did you come up with it?

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'm with ya Twiz! I skip over probably 70-80% of the posts these days. With this slow-a$$ dialup connection, it takes too long to download new pages. So unless the title tells me what it's about, I'm VERY likely to skip down to the next line. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I agree as well. I usually scroll down through the list and see things that have the decent titles and try to reply when I can. If I have time and am real bored I may look at some of the "generic" titles. Another thing I wish that would happen is after a problem has been dealt with and solved or they found what they were looking for, etc. they would have the courtesy to let the thread die and mark it has *solved* or something like that. On the First Gen board things move a little slow at times and a post may be there for a week near the top that was solved a while back and people are still replying on ways to solve the problem or answer the question, etc. While I'm on the subject it is nice too that on one of those brain teaser problems when the poster comes back and gives the solution that was actually found and solved the problem.

John