Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crashed the FunBuggy....

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by marv_springer, Dec 28, 2003.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Wiped out in the FunBuggy pretty bad /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif....

My buddy Curt broke his right arm.

Prolly have to build a new frame.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Marv

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm sure you're real bummed about this, especially with someone getting hurt. Any more info how this happened? Pics?

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well don't that just blow great big chunks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Is the only physical hurt the broken arm?? If that's so then that's good cuz if you trashed that tube frame then the crash was pretty violent. Well anyway, I always good luck so good luck to ya and I hope somethin is salvagable from the mess.

Allan

4. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Marv, Hey damn sorry to hear that. What happened? Where? Need anything? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

MARV!!! IM ALMOST AS SAD AS YOU ARE!!!
    that sucks big time.
    when you get a chance can we get some more details. i hope all is ok. Kurts arm willl heal. now i really wish i wasnt moving. i would help ya as much as i could to build another.

where was it?
    dude, im sorry man.
    Grant

6. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys....

Details are that I was bein' a bonehead /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.... + a little bad luck.... Went into a turn too fast about 70 ft from the trailer (last turn of the day!), and we flipped over once real hard and landed in a dirt bank on the side of the road. Was prolly doing about 40 in 2nd gear.

I don't have any pics yet... but it twisted up the frame pretty good. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Fuel cell did it's job, as I didn't spill a drop of fuel, and the cooler on top survived the roll just fine - as well as the 2 burritos we had heating on the intake manifold /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.... They stayed on the intake /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif...

So... after collecting my thoughts for a day or so, I'm thinking that it will be worth trying to repair this frame so that it's at least trailworthy... and then build another one this spring/summer.

Marv

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

so are you saying those truxs have good traction?
    well, glad you think it is repairable.
    you can take the good with the bad though man, you had already said you would do a few things different. now you get to do them. just a bit sooner. maybe some "window" nets next time?
    Grant

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Bummer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif If you need any help or whatever drop me a line. Think you'll have it a go for the texans, or new mexico?