Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crashed the Jimmy, need opinions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wakedog, Dec 10, 2002.

1. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Mar 7, 2001
    Well i rearended my friends K5 with my jimmy (an 86) and will get some pics up soon. Needs a hood, left fender, inner wheel well, radiator core support, and some little misc. things. I got an estimate for insurance and realized that i dont have collision insurance, but the estimate was $4000. I am able to do the work my self but have no time till the spring because of school and work. I have a few ideas in which i want your guys' opinions. I was thinking of buying an 89-91 so i get efi and newer grille, etc and then swapping everything from the springs down from my truck to the new one and from the new one to my truck. Which would put the my truck stock and the new lifted, etc. Then this spring i would put a new front clip on the old truck and sell it. Or else i was thinking of keeping my truck, building the caddy 540 storker, put it in and new front clip on this spring. Sorry for the long and confusing post, just want some opinion. Also if u were in my situation and were going to get another truck would u get one with efi, or carb??

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1039588596wakedog">

Which route to go??
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />89-91 and swap then sell old truck this summer w/ new front clip
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />pre 86 and swap then sell old truck this summer
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Keep truck and build Caddy 540 stroker and replace clip this summer
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>
  2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

May 24, 2002
    buy my 90 jimmy......