Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crate engine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jcarver4, Oct 1, 2002.

1. jcarver4

jcarver4 Newbie

mabye this question was asked in the wrong forum. when i install a 350hp crate engine into my 94 blazer, what else if anything needs to be done to get all the hp. (can i use the factory intake, do i need to buy anything else to take advantage of the hp). is there a locker for 8.25 ifs? im new & just need some advice.

2. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Well, if its an auto you may want to look at the tourqe converter i think. I bumped the hp in my old truck up and it was fine, but i think i could have gained more if i messed with a larger tbi like a "4 barrel" and a different intake. the chip to sets the air and feul and ignition so swaping a chip in may help.

Also there is no locker for the ifs from what i know. I had a 1990 GMC and i called a guy and he rolled on the floor laughing at me, maybe someone makes on but i don't think the IFS would like it very much.

3. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Where in Oklahoma are you? Always lookin for a wheelin buddy

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

the 350hp crate engine comes with vortech heads, so you'll need the vortech tpi manifold. I've been told you'll need to replace the cam to work with computer, and you'ld probably want a new chip.

so I've been told

tom