Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

??CRATE VS REBUILD

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 91KFEVER, Mar 16, 2000.

1. 91KFEVER

91KFEVER Newbie

AFTER READING THE CRATE VS REBUILD POST I WAS WONDERING IF A STROKER KIT WILL EFFECT EMMISIONS? AND WILL THE COMPUTER SYSTEM ON THE LATER MODEL ENGINES WITH TBI BE EFFECTED? JUST CURIOUS I WAS PLANNING ON DOING A REBUILD AND HAVE SEEN 350 TO 383 KITS THAT COST JUST A LITTLE MORE THAN A REBUILD KIT. WWW.SPEEDOMOTIVE.COM HAS COMPLETE KITS WITH SOLID BRAND NAME PARTS FOR ABOUT 400 BUCKS.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I would assume as long as you reatin your original smog equipment you should be fine. Call or email Goodwrench they could tell you for sure.
    PS turn off your caps lock all thoes capital letters are hard on the eyes [​IMG]
    Burt4x4

Rock ON!

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I wouldnt tell the smog tech that you built up to a 383 if I were you. I'm not sure if that would Automatically cause you to fail. Then you'd really be screwed. He cant see the internals of the engine so he wouldnt know of the 400 crank and overbore .030"

4. kim tate

kim tate 1/2 ton status

Waxer makes sense. I got a friend that conducts emissions tests and he says every time a driver starts talking about engine modifications he thinks it's really the state inspectors checking up on him.