Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crazy Damn Question.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by homemadesin, Oct 2, 2002.

1. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

I heard on the radio (my stock '72 Delco AM) that GM was sending a flex-fuel Tahoe to Colorado in support of the E-85 initiative and I wondered if there were any individual incentives for making a conversion. Lo and behold, there is. From what I can tell, you can get $2,000 federal tax credit in addition to what your state will give. I mean damn, wouldn't it be cool to drop a new 5.3L Vortec in a '72 Blazer that runs on either regular fuel or E-85 and get a $2k - 3K back on taxes? Am I confused or what? See www.ccities.doe.gov or www.afvmarket.com/incentives.cfm

I drive my '72 w/ 350 A/T 90 miles a day and I'm getting 9-10 mpg. I'd love to drop a Vortec fuelie in there.

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I think the only problem you would have is with all of the sensors and the computer and stuff. Those new trucks have A TON of sensors on them. Even if you did pull it off i dont think that the $2,000 tax credit would make a big difference in the price for the conversion.