Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CRAZY ELECTRICAL?? HELP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Sep 18, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Well boys, she is up and running again. Almost fully complete, yet I still have alot of little bugs to work out. Here is my latest problem, I was working on the wiring, I had turn signals, tail lights, brake lights. I then began to work on the head lights. This is the original wiring harness I havent done anything to it. After I was about done for the day I tried the head lights and found that my turn signals, instead of one side blinking both did like hazards. and when I turn on my head lights the 2 green turn signal indicators stay lit all the time.. I need some help anyone have any ideas...

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sounds like a ground problem.... Make sure all your grounds are clean and secure and have a good ground...

Our old KW did that and it was a ground...

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

On the left side headlight, there is a ground wire that comes off the headlight that should be mounted to the body. On the right side, there is a double ground hookup. One goes to the body and the other goes to the frame. Make sure all three of these connections have a good path (clean up with a wire brush and scrape the surface). A star washer under them also helps to make a good connection. I just put the front end back together and had the same problem. I hooked up the grounds (they were still disconnected) and it cleared the problem.