Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crazy head/tail lights!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Neil, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

My '78 K5 has some serious light problems.. 1. apply brake when not running and headlights come on, no rear brake lights come on..2. when turn signal is levered in postiion, emergency flashers come on. 3. no brake lights, just rear running lights and headlights when light switch is pulled out, along with running lights, are the rear white reverse lights. Somehow my brake and headlights are reversed I know. Where do I start!!!! It is like someone has played an evil trick on my K5's lights !!

Neil H. Alabama.. "It's a full size thang, Jeep owners don't understand!!" '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Start with a new Painless wiring harness. That should take care of your troubles.

My 73 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm>http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm</a> 350/TH350/NP203, Q-jet, Edelbrock intake, Vortec heads, 4" lift, and 36" TSL's

3. kilroy

kilroy Registered Member

Did you get it this way, or did it just start. If it just started what were you doing before.

4. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I think you need an Exorcist. [​IMG]

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".