Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crazy $hit! Tornados in Spokane Wa. *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by scoutillac, May 21, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by scoutillac

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Re: Crazy $hit! Tornados in Spokane Wa.

It's probably my fault. I was joking today at work about tornados earlier... then I get in the Suburban to head home after looking at this very black and ominous cloud to the west, and they say on the radio that a tornado had just been reported. I had to run back in and tell them.

It was fun driving home, wipers on full with constant flashing overhead from lightning. I was just waiting for another funnel cloud.

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

We had one blow through downtown Salt Lake a few years ago and That never happens. We live in a valley for hell's sake /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I guess it can happen anywhere /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. scoutillac

It's crazy!! We just got a hail warning for 1/2 or greater and lightning w/in 5 miles, and a wind warning for up 49 knots. If there is lightening w/in 5 we shut down fuel operations for obvious safety reasons. Hey allan tell some more jokes that was cool today.

5. trailblazer86

trailblazer86 1/2 ton status

Hey! We have had tornadoes up here in Ontario. Sometimes with heavy damage. Scary stuff.
    As a ham radio operator I have been trained by Canwarn (You may know it as Skywarn in the U.S.A..) To spot and report severe weather. Get in touch with your local Amateur radio club they may allow you to sit in on the next training session.
    Check out this link to see what is headed your way.
    www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationalWide.asp?loc=usa&seg=Sail&prodgrp=RadarImagery&product=Radar&prodnav=none

6. mountainexplorer

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey allan tell some more jokes that was cool today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, what do you want? More tornados? I'm trying to think of something different that one of these storms hasn't already done yet...

7. scoutillac

We just got another advisory for potential tornado develpoment. I love this part of the country. Where else can you have snow on July 4th and tornados in a crazy high mtn. desert?

8. mountainexplorer

Weather like this tempts me to grab the video camera and start driving to see some action. Maybe some inner part of me thinks I'm a storm chaser. Let me know if you spot another twister... I'll be on my way. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    A tornado and a funnel cloud just came through the west side of Spokane. We are talking Wa state no where near a tornado alley. This is crazy. These people were freakin out. Hail and rain were flooding all the streets. Our wheel chocks for our refuelers all washed away. What a crazy day. Who da thunk it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really???????????????????????????

Just curious as to where the tech is in this post??????????????????????????

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Watched a funnel cloud go right over my house this afternoon. Now you know I almost sh_t myself becouse I live in a trailer house. I heard that it touched downed (tornato) out by Elsworth Airforce base. We had baseball size hail less then a mile west of my house.

11. scoutillac

[ QUOTE ]
    Just curious as to where the tech is in this post??????????????????????????

[/ QUOTE ] BRB Shut the hell up. Not all posts on here are all tech. How about I just got my gears. Where is the tech in that. I am happy for the guy. That is cool for him. I have my 5.13's too. Theve been on the shelf for a year waiting for me to find a 3/4 ton front axle. So take your where's the tech in this and shove it up your a$$!

12. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Watched a funnel cloud go right over my house this afternoon. Now you know I almost sh_t myself becouse I live in a trailer house. I heard that it touched downed (tornato) out by Elsworth Airforce base. We had baseball size hail less then a mile west of my house.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I was at the BMX track their in Box Elder running my RC. It started to rain and hail so I left and went to Mini Mart. Suddenly some guy comes running in and said "Hey all, you gotta come check this out!!" Closest ive ever seen a tornado, pretty crazy.

13. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Hey Paul..

Trailer = Tornado Magnet /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If ya want to post about tornadoes in Spokane around these parts, then pony up the $$$$ to become a paying so you can post it in the appropriate forum. Otherwise, don't muck up the Garage forum with this crap cause we the members who really care about this site don't like seeing a tech forum mucked up by some cheapskate. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if you want tornadoa then come here, we had our third warnign this week last night, town sirens sounding off at 11:30PM and everything, and touchdowns all around us and last year we had the most tornados in this county than any others in this state, you get used to it, last year i was outside taking pics of the funnel clouds going directly over the top of us and at the same time a tornado was ripping up the north end of the town, literally,.

oh well.

here we go again, heh
    i expect more tonight,