Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crazy idea

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, Jul 21, 2001.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

my brother needs a golf cart and went into a wonderful train of thought, i then decided i would take a 100cc engine out of this yamaha my friend has and then put it along with its three speed transmission and then try to put it into a golfcart that doesnt have an engine or tranny. anyone have any other ideas or where i could acquire such a golfcart. im hoping this little beast can pull 60.

phill

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

The trick is going to be hooking up the tranny to the rear end.Most golf carts Ive worked on have a rear end like a car.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

3. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

ive noticed some atvs have a chain driven rear end and i was gonna try to get one of those and hook that up, right now im still search for a pos golf cart.

phill

4. stimpy

stimpy Registered Member

If the cart you have is an old gas powered one, you could just swap the motors. Or you could also amke the rear end a solid axle chain drive. That idea would take a little fab work but it could be done. I think a cool idea would be to take a snowmobile motor and slap it in there.
    My friend and I have always talk about this too. We thought it would great to do that and slap some paddle tires on the baby. Then take it out to the local sand dune. Now THAT would be KICK ASS!

Todd Miller
    Lake Tahoe, CA

love my blazer, and 43 Dodge Carryall
    IF IT'S SNOWING AND IT'S DEEP. I'LL BE OUT IN IT!!!!!!

5. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I think you should make it street legal[​IMG]

Chad

6. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Hey Frizz
    I saw the pic's on your site I've got to say that the diff guard
    is very cool how did you make it? and how much for one if you had the time?

Lost? i'm not lost i'm just disorienated
    AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

That thing has taken quite a beating and its held its shape.The front of the cover is 4 pieces of 1/4"x1" flat stock,heated ,shaped ,welded together,then ground flat on the out side.It took about 8 hours off and on to make.Im working on a way to make it easier to build.If I can figure that out Ill make more.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

8. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

One of the motorcycle mags did this about 5 years ago. They widened the body a bit for more stability since it had a GSX-r 750(i think) engine in it. It was the whole engine and tranny deal. It was pretty da*m quick.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I started thinking along these lines when I played golf a couple of weeks ago. A prerunner golf cart. Little suspension and engine tweak, rack for the cooler. I'm there.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

10. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

you guys are scaring the natives, or maybe it's just me you are scareing. this sounds like it will require medical attention for the driver shortly after completion. need a volunteer to test drive???
    your signature is great, iwas reading an article in a fishing mag the other day, and that 2 fish have recently had there "common" names changed due to there offensive nature (Jewfish, a big grouper, and Squawfish, some little minnow thingy) when did americans become so "sensitive"??????????

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

11. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

60 in a golf cart is crazy!!!! Sounds like fun, talk about an E-ticket ride!!! WHEEEEEEEE!!! Just make sure the paramedics are on stand-by!!LOL!

Out of 100,000 sperm, YOU were the fastest?? [​IMG]

12. chevyboy24598

chevyboy24598 1/2 ton status

Why not make it 4wd! That would be really kool! Cut the fenders out, put some super swamper vampiar tires! There you go the perfect golf cart!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.pinelanemuddbogg.com> pinelane </a>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/od4wdc/> bodatious </a>

13. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

I work at a golf course. If you have a gas cart you can disable the governor and it will do 25 stock easily, I've done it, if you put bigger tires on it too, it'll do 40-50. I was told that if the axle shafts spin any faster it will eat up the bearings.

77 Blazer, 350, NP203, K&N, 31-inch Cooper Discoverers
    <font color=white>http://community.webshots.com/user/jonathandwill</font color=white>

14. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

There is a company in san diego that makes lift kits for golf carts. the also make pre runner bumpers for them. look pretty gook with atv tires on them.

15. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

I saw the site of a company (maybe the same one) that puts long travel suspension on carts, very cool.

77 Blazer, 350, NP203, K&N, 31-inch Cooper Discoverers
    <font color=white>http://community.webshots.com/user/jonathandwill</font color=white>

16. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Well as i said very cool, did you put a drain in it? Well if you find and way to make them easier let me know I'd love to have one. Eric

Lost? i'm not lost i'm just disorienated
    AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com