Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crazy idea....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73blazerUSMC, May 6, 2002.

1. 73blazerUSMC

73blazerUSMC Registered Member

ok i have a crazy idea for my exaust on my 73 k5. right now it is run through a set of headers and the through a flowmaster for each side well i want to know that since i dont have to smog the damn thing if i could go out the side od the engin compartment with it ?? i want it to kinda be a zuma-pipe knock off but i dont want the pipes to stick out i want them to end flush with the body just above the front fenderwells. now the problem i run into is how do i physicaly run the pipe and what about the noise could i still drive it daily (maybe put some of those stubby lil mufflers on ) ect... ANY advice would be helpful cuz i have never run a custom exaust THANX FOR ANY ADVICE (even if it is just to tell me that i am truly nuts and should seek medical help:) )

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i'd say it would be VERY LOUD...and if you ever sat still you'd choke to death on the fumes...

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I'm pretty sure that all exahust needs to exit past the passenger compartment. Besides who wants black streaks down the side of there trucks???

On the plus side it'd look cool at night. Maybe if you exited out below the headlights you wouldnt need them.

4. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

You will lose a lot of power doing this. That is unless your running some kind of forced induction.

James