Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crazy/stupid/funny things youve done while driving

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pure Insanity, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Im not talking running from the cops or sliding a corner at 190 MPH /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif stuff. For example......

My buddy was broke and needed wipers for his car, so we snagged the ones off my Jeep to put on his car so we could go out. I ended up w/ his twin blade wipers /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Well time goes by and I finally started driving the Jeep. I forgot we stuck these wipers on. A few yrs of baking in the Florida sun took its toll on them and the dried out. I was driving in a terrible down pour and I watched the drivers side wiper start to wobble and break off. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif My buddy was riding w/ me and I had him "navigate" (from the passengers side w/ a wiper) while I drove the next few miles totally blinded by the rain. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Got to a gas station where I was under cover, pulled the pass. wiper off pulled the arm off and put the blade on the drivers side so I could keep goin. I dont think I had a wiper on the pass. side for a month or so after that. I just kept forgetting it until it was raining. LOL!

Another time I had a Yota that the ignition would overheat and it would shut down and not restart. It was around 2AM when it happened one nite, I coasted as far as I could and was real close to a side road to be able to get off the main road. I looked around and thought "Hey Im going slow, Ill just hop out and jog along w/ the truck to keep it moving" /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif That wasnt real brite. My feet hit the road and went right out from under me! I had a firm grip on the door and wheel and was being dragged down Hwy 52! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I managed to get my feet back and was running full tilt trying to keep up and hopped back in. When I got in I looked at the speedometer. I was STILL going 35 MPH! The whole time I was being dragged all I could think was I can see the headlines now. "Man run over by own truck...Investigators puzzled." I jogged 5 miles home in the middle of the nite WAY out in the boonies. The whole way remembering the packs of wild dogs, hogs, and wild cats that I had seen that live out in that area. To add insult to injury when I went to get the truck a few hrs later it fired right up and ran fine. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I let a friend talk me into going out with a dead battery. We jumped my truck and away we went. He was quite a ways in front of me when I noticed my truck began to stumble a bit. Not having anywhere to pushstart it by myself I popped the hood and looked around. I found a spark plug wire had popped off of the plug. I picked it up and when I placed it on the plug the current must've jumped over insulator boot and it knocked my stuff in the dirt. It threw me about 10 ft from the truck /forums/images/icons/blush.gif . My arm was numb, I threw up, my head pounded. I drove the truck til I found a hill, turned it off. Replaced the wire, rolled down the hill, popped the clutch and went the hell home.

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Not a truck, but in HS in a friend's Mom's New 66 396 Caprice...had a Box of M80's...went to a Black Club with about 20 guys standin' around drinkin' at the side of the building...lit off an M80 and told Randy to hit it...He stuck his foot in that big 396, and the Quadrajet went....F*** It....OK so Randy is crankin' and tappin' the gas, I'm lockin' doors cause I got a mob chasin' us down...I smell Lots o' gas....guy grabs the doorhandle, motor catches, Randy grabs low and we peel outta there with about 5 Very PO'd guys bangin' on the trunk and roof...that Powerglide hooked those redline Wide Ovals up and smoked over 200ft...I thought I wuz gonna Sh...uh...Poop down both legs...never did anything like that again...it Was funny as hell once we were safe...ya do stupid stuff when yer 16.... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

UHHH HUH HUH HUH HUH , My wife hit a moving car while we were UHHHH HUH HUH HUH HUH well you know, well we all stopped and the 2 young kids got out and came over to inspect the damage well they didn't mind the football sized dent in their car after quite a long stare at my neked wife behind the wheel... Now let this be a reminder to you all "Don't sex and drive" ..... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

After glueing in a carpet kit, I noticed some loose fibers, so I took out my lighter to just burn them down.

My momentary brain fart lighted the fumes from the glue and sent a fire ball out the other door. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Oops, Guess that wasn't driving. Still pretty dumb, and not likely to repeat it.

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Buddy of mine had a big Chrysler van and we'd go to Daytona every year to run
    amuck on the beach - I mean, "vacation" on the beach. Anyway - he had a big
    35 gal. gas tank and a six banger under the hood, so we could drive all night to
    Florida without stopping for gas (from Louisville). We were making good time and
    didn't feel like stopping to change drivers - so we switched drivers going down
    the expressway without pulling over. He stood up in the driver seat while still
    holding the wheel - stepped aside and I slid into the drivers seat. He handed
    the wheel over to me and we kept going! Boy was that DUMB !!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

On that same note...... I had an old tired beat up 1973 toyota celica back "in the day". It was me, two guys in the back and my friend Drew in the front. Drew is 6'6" and about 270 so this little car was struggling just to go 35mph. Anyway, sitting in Drews lap is an air charged water filled fire extinguisher. We're at a stop light in the right lane when a caddy car full of brothas pulls up next to us on our left. Before I could even say "don't think about it" it was over. All I heard was YOUMUTHAFUGGINWHITEBOYSAREGONNADIE!!! That little car reincarnated itself into a formula 1 racecar on the spot and the chase was on!!!!!!! Between shifting gears and slapping the sheeit outta Drew I was able to drive down some tight alleys and ditch these guys. The scariest thing was seeing the headlights bobbing up and down in my rearview mirror and watching the sparks flying off the car. God was watching us THAT night /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Don't ya just love friends who put you in mortal danger....

9. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Know what's scary? That was 17 years ago and I still have that extinguisher. I'm tempted to pass it onto the kids.

10. Pure Insanity

Geez these are some good ones. Some brought back a few momories I had forgotten.

One nite some friends from where I used to live came up to see me. We started off the nite by rolling into town to see whats up. Back then down town was hoppin. Nowadays its DEAD! Anyway we met up w/ a guy I knew from school and he jumped in w/ us. There was myself the guy we picked up, and my 2 friends from Brandon crammed into a 2dr Volvo. We rode to this little park in town and burned a few. One of my out of town buds had never done it and refused to. We respected his wishes and didnt push it on him to smoke. We just rolled the windows up and told him to hold his breath. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif (damn we were mean) We hit McDonalds, then Wendys, then Burger King. (Damn munchies.) We just rode after having our "snack". We ended up in a real rough section of the town north of us. I hadnt lived in the area too long and my 2 buds had NO idea where we were. We were at Frankies mercy. As we rode past this run down sh!t hole of a bar my buddy who was driving starts whoopin and hollerin about the "gentelmen" hanging out front. He forgot the windows were down. Chase was AWN! Frankie was burned so his directions on where to turn were coming 2 roads AFTER we should have turned. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif So we just ran. And ran. And ran. LOL! We managed to survive somehow. We didnt wreck or get shot, so it was a good nite I guess.

Another was sorta a combo of me and my youngest brother in separate cars. Im sitting at a lite in town and this red Integra pulls up next to me. My brother was hanging out the window winging water ballons. The 1st went in one side and out the other of the car I was driving, the 2nd hit and bounced around inside my car. He pelted the car a few times as we rode down the road. I went to my mom and dads house on my way home, ( Sandi and I lived in their guest house when we 1st got married) I walked in the front door, put this brite red water ballon on the kitchen counter and mom just looked at me like I was nuts. I told her just tell Paul I found what he lost, that he would understand, and walked out the back door and went to my house. About an hr later my brother comes over totally shell shocked. I let him talk his own way out of that one w/ mom and dad. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif (what can I say...I was evil)

11. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

ahhhhh-

John was driving the 'vette one night, with the top off. Not a very big console in that car, so I decided he deserved a blow job....... all of a sudden I hear a big air horn..... low and behold, my UNCLE was driving a fire truck the opposite direction......... Looked right in the top of the "vette to see the back of my head in John's lap.......... still haven't heard the end of that one yet!

Brandy

12. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Water Balloons!!....When I was about 6 and my brother 4...we lived in a 3rd floor apt in Germany (dad was military)...anyways, we found this box of balloons, and were filling them with water (they hold a LOT)...we were pelting the neighbor kids with 'em when the Folks drove up...SO, there's about a hundred little white "balloons" all over the sidewalk, cars, etc...water all over the bathroom...I still remember that wuppin'.....

13. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Along those same lines....I was working at a house one time, and these two little boys (about 4yr) had taken mom's panty liners and pasted them to their windows, walls, etc....cause they looked like airplanes...Mom was beyond embarrassed when she came into the room and saw them all over the place...Sorry it ain't got nuthin' to do with drivin', but ya know how crap just pops into yer head when ya start talkin' about funny stuff....

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

In the larger citys you hear about drive by shootings, so with my sence of humor and a supersoker, we started doing drive by squirtings !!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. Pure Insanity

Cruise control is a nessecity for a high speed hummer. Came WAAAY to close to wrecking PI1 that way. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

16. Pure Insanity

That reminds me of some friends of mine, I honestly had nothing to do w/ this, that used to go to Tampa down where its real easy to find hookers. They planned this little trip for a few days and had bought milk and eggs and left them in the Florida sun to bake. Loaded the Super Soakers w/ the milk and the eggs were grenades. They made one pass through, dumped the whole payload, and hit I75 and hauled ass! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Back when I was in High School a bud of mine had a Grand National. He was in Tampa in the middle of the nite and decided to open it up on the way home. Mind you this was back in the mid 80s, and traffic wasnt anything like it is now. He jumped on the south bound lane of I75 and let it rip. Only problem was he was pointing NORTH! His thinking was if there were any troopers out w/ radar they would be aiming the wrong way and all they would see is a black blur go by at 130 plus in the dark, and not get a reading on him. It worked. Stupid move but noone got hurt.

17. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

One day I was going to a friends house and came up to an intersection. I was driving a ratty ass buick, a shitty looking car that I bought for $500. Some guys pulled up next to me and nodded like they knew me. Next thing, they sprayed me with a super soaker. Not giving a damn about the car I floored it and turned straight towards them trying to hit them. They about [censored] their pants when they saw a 2 ton blue beast heading towards them. They turned and hauled ass.
    I guess it was a good thing I didn't hit them cauze there was about five other cars at the intersection that could have been witnesses for the other guy.

18. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

On the 4th of July a couple of years ago. I was driving with about 3 other buddies,with all the window's down on the K5. Pulled up to another buddy's house,and he threw a smoke bomb into the back of my K5. I returned the favor when leaving his house (threw 2 blue ones threw his sunroof on his Toyota) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

When I first got my license I was able to drive my grandma's Furd Monarch. Well the first weekend I had it,some buddy's,and me took it out to a dirt field. Well after spinnin some donut's,and doin brake stands. I managed to side swipe a telephone poll. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif ..

Also back in high school. My buddy had a VW bug (it was a roach) We were takin turns drivin it up and down the street. Well we soon started sitting on the hood,roof,and rear bumper while the car was moving. One guy was standing on the rear bumper,and the driver punched it into 3rd,and the guy fell off the back. Did a little bit of damage to his shoulder,but he was ok. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Now we never squirted anyone we didn't know. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

20. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I had a 1961 chevy apache and I was going down I5 during a rain storm and both of my wipers flw off at the same time arms and everything I had to stop the truck and go out in traffic to retriev them then. SO I had to drive all the way abck to gig harbor without any wipers I couldnt see anything at all so I finally was able to fix the drivers side wiper but the passenger side was without for 3 months.

Then one time I oissed of a truck driver buy cutin him off to get to the off ramp so he decided to get right up on my ass going down hill I m surprised that my little 235 straight six got enough power and speed to get up and going I finally reached the off ramp adn hit the brakes.